3:Running naked through the woods

"I cried tears you'll never see
So fuck you, you can go cry me an ocean
And leave me be."

-Fall Out Boy

*

The sun peeked through the curtains, a beam settling onto my pale, white skin, sending a wave of UV warmth throughout my body.
Blue eyes fluttering open I sigh, shoving my head back into the pillow and pulling the warm blankets up to my chin. Today is going to be a bad day, I can already feel it.

I groan as my feet hit the carpeted floor, stumbling towards my dresser where I grab a bottle of pills, twisting it open and popping a few into my mouth. I then rush for my bottle of water, only to find it empty.

I curse, forcing the bitter pills down my throat before running down the stairs to the kitchen. The smell hits me as I make it down the last step, my mouth beginning to water.

"Whatcha' making there dad?" I question, wondering why he was even still home this late into the morning.

"I wanted to make my lovely kids an omelette before school." He smiles happily, plopping one down onto a plate and pushing it toward me. "Stiles already ate, he's waiting in the car."

I gasp, planting a quick kiss on my father's cheek before bolting back up the stairs. I needed to get dressed.

It wasn't that cold so I tugged on a sundress, cinching it with a belt before sliding into a pair of boots.

Stiles slams his hand onto the horn of the Jeep impatiently, signalling for me to hurry up.
I run back down the stairs, toss my father a grin, and run out to where my brother was waiting.

I trip through the doorway and stumble towards the Jeep, opening the door with much more force than was needed, causing me to land on my butt with an 'ompf'.

Stiles laughs at my failure and starts the engine, backing out before I've even closed my door.

"Was that really necessary!?" I grumble, rubbing my shoulder which had slammed against the door when I closed it.

"Because it was you? Yes." He snorts, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

"How are we even related." I mutter, staring at him in mock confusion.

He shakes his head, a look of mischief covering his face as we pull into the schools parking lot.

"Oh no. No you don't." I glare, pushing his hand away.

He pulls out the keys, turning off the Jeep with a smirk.

I squeal, opening the car door as fast as I can and bolting towards the double doors to safety.

I let out a faint squeak, dodging around unsuspecting students and using them as shields.

"Ah, C'mon! That's cheating!" I yell, Stiles and Scott teaming up on me.

"I'm not cheating, I'm simply using my resources." Stiles states, rolling his eyes and attacking me.

I try to pull his arms off of me but underestimate his strength, widening my eyes as Scott looms over me, his hands ready to kill.

I giggle and kick, trying to get away as they mercilessly tickle me.

"Help!" I call out through my laughter. "This is illegal, I'm gonna sue!!"

"I wasn't expecting to see you terrorizing the new girl so soon."

Their hands freeze and I look up to see a certain strawberry blonde raising her perfectly shaped eyebrows at my attackers.

"Lydia Martin! I've never have I been more happy to see you!" I state, scrambling out of the two boys reach and dusting myself off as if nothing even happened.

The students in the hall eye us curiously, but keep to themselves, not wanting to get involved with our drama.
Good choice fellow students, good choice.

Wait, last I heard Lydia was doing a nude dash through the woods.

"Weren't you-?"

"Running naked through the woods. Yeah." She laughs bitterly, twirling a strand of shiny hair around her pointer finger.

"Yeah, that." I murmer, feeling inferior under her gaze.

"They found me last night with no recollection of what I was doing, it's called a fugue state." She sighs, looking past us at Allison and walking away.

"Okie doke." I shrug, turning on my heel to face the two boys with crossed arms. "So why didn't you tell me?"

"You looked tired." Stiles replies, a soft smile on his lips. "We wanted you to get some rest."

I throw my arms in the air in exasperation, walking away from them and towards the field.
I'm sick of everyone being worried about me.

*

"Another werewolf?" I grin, looking at Scott excitedly.

"Yes, now stop being so happy about it, this is bad!" Stiles groans, rubbing his temples.

"Do you know who it is?" I ask curiously, furrowing my brows in thought.

Scott shakes his head and I groan.

"Can't you like...sniff him out or something!?" I question.

"If I got close enough." He shrugs.

"I have an idea!" Stiles expresses, jogging off to talk to Coach Finstock.

"This has gotta be good." I grin mischievously, familiar with my brothers antics I watch in anticipation as Stiles returns with a goalie stick.

"You're switching with Danny for the day." He exclaims, mirroring my malicious grin.

"But I hate playing goal." The werewolf sighs, confusion lacing his tone.

"You know how I said I had a plan? Well this is a the plan!" Stiles explains, chucking the stick at the boy and almost hitting me in the face.

"Ohh." Scott realizes, a goofy smile on his face.

"There you go." I mutter.

"Wait, what's the plan?"

I throw my hands up in the air dramatically at the boy's stupidity, something I've been doing a lot lately.

"Oh my god!" Stiles expresses, looking at Scott in annoyance. "I honestly don't know how you'd survive without us." He sighs.

It was sad, yet true, and enlightened a laugh from me, shaking my head at my two best friends.
I loved them, I really did..but they could be really stupid sometimes.