4: Argent

"Awkward interests me, he said. At least when you are feeling awkward you are always thinking."

-Elizabeth Brundage

*

The Stilinski twins have always been really good at creating really bad plans. They conjured up the most outrageously, ridiculous, and embarrassing plans, so it was quite a good thing they both lacked a certain something.

Dignity.

Stiles and Katelyn were always doing something strange, and mischief seemed to be the only thing running through their veins.

Maybe it was genetics, maybe it was their upbringing, or maybe it was just who they were, but everyone in town knew the two were trouble makers, and looked at them warily wherever they went, ready to speed dial the Sheriff at any moment.

They had an advantage, however, being the children of the town Sheriff. They learned how to sneak out without him knowing, and when they got caught, all they got was a disappointed sigh, not a jail cell.

They were very lucky that way, because as I mentioned before, they were trouble.

*

I cringe, hearing a crunch as Scott collides with the first player, knocking him to the ground and very obviously sniffing him.

Yeah, sniffing him.

It was almost the most awkward encounter I had ever witnessed, but the most awkward encounter came about ten minutes later when Scott landed on top of Danny, who was gay might I add, and sniffed all over him.

Danny said something that caused Scott to smile and help him up.

Stiles and I gave eachother matching 'What-the-fuck' looks before turning our attention back to our best friend. I might have a new OTP...hmmm...Dott? Or Scanny.... I liked Dott.

I'm broken out of my bored thoughts by Coach's whistle piercing the air.

"McCall! You come out of goal one more time and you'll be doing suicide runs till you die! It'll be the first ever suicide run that actually ends in a suicide!" Coach bellows, pointing an accusing finger at the boy.

Scott mutters a quick 'yes coach' and continues the plan.

This is not gonna be good.

I groan, instantly regretting the plan as I see that number 14, the boy from the graveyard, is up next.

I squint closely at him to see his eyes glowing amber, and leap up from the bleachers, running onto the field to watch helplessly as they collide, spinning around and landing on their knees facing each other.

I send Stiles a knowing look and see my father talking to Coach Finstock.

I hold my breath in fear as they ask for Isaac, knowing that as a new werewolf he might have done something horrible.

"His father was murdered." Scott mutters, listening in on our fathers conversation with the tall boy.

"Are they saying he's a suspect!?" Stiles asks frantically.

I feel my mouth go dry and my palms start to sweat.

"I don't know, why?" Scott questions the worried boy.

"Because they can keep in in a holding cell for 24 hours!" My twin spazzes, hazel eyes widening.

"During the full moon." I gulp, shifting nervously at the thought of an out of control werewolf running around Beacon Hills.