23: I need you

"How are you doing Stiles? We've talked about everyone else but how are you?" Mrs. Morrell questions, resting her chin in her hand as she awaits the boy's response.

"I'm worried. About my sister."

"Okay." The councilor nods, motioning for him to continue.

"I'm scared that after all this she'll go back to the way she was when our mom died."

"So your worried that she is going to relapse?"

"Yeah, relapse, whatever. I just don't want her to shut me out again. I don't know if I can take it."

"What are you worried will happen if she does relapse."

"I just don't know if she'll survive this time."

*

"Erica and Boyd are leaving tonight, and I thought I'd come to you for advice." Isaac states, rubbing his neck awkwardly as Scott shifts through the cupboards for something in the animal clinic.

"Why?" Scott states, confused by his choice.

"Because you always seem to want to do the right thing."

"I usually have no idea what I'm doing. Actually, I always have no idea what I'm doing." He replies truthfully. "But I do know that I am not going anywhere. I have too many people who need me here."

"Well I've got nobody so..." Isaac trailed off, his mind flicking to the girl he was quickly falling in love with before turning his thoughts back to his dead father and the pack that was falling apart.

"What about Katelyn?" Scott asks, surprising the boy.

"W-what about her?"

"Aren't you worried that it'll hurt her if you leave?"

"Why would it hurt her? She has you guys, she doesn't need me."

Scott sighs, shaking his head.

"If that's what you think, I just don't want her to be hurt more than she already is."

*

I had been hidden in my room for the whole day, but somehow Stiles had convinced me to come watch the game with him, since he never actually gets to play.

"Stilinski number two! How you feeling, I didn't see you at school at all today?"

I smile at Danny politely, shrugging before walking further into the dressing room to find Scott, my eyes scouring the room in confusion once I notice that a certain werewolf was missing.

"Where's Isaac?" I question hoarsly, gripping Scott's shoulder as I spin him around from his conversation with my brother.

"Uhh....Is-is that my sweater?" Stiles stammers, floundering to change the conversation as he points at the Beacon Hills High sweatshirt adorning my body.