10: Bigger Problems

"And once the storm is over, you wont remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You wont even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you wont be the same person who walked in. Thats what this storms all about."

Haruki Murakami

*

"It's called the Kanima."

The Kanima. The giant lizard creature now had a name.

"So all we know is its name, and that it doesn't know who or what it is." I state, listing the facts off on my fingers as I spin on Stiles' office chair. It was acually quite comfy.

"Yeah, basically." He scoffs, bouncing his leg nervously. I stop spinning and look at the window in confusion, I swear it was closed a second ago....

"Boo!"

"Scott, holy shit!" I scream, holding a hand over my heart as it pounds in my chest.

"Not funny!" Stiles huffs, also holding his heart.

"You're right...it was hilarious!" I exclaim, bursting into laughter. "You should've seen you-you're face!"

"Okay, okay, shut up." He groans, not amused at my laughter. "You had the exact same reaction."

I point at him in mock anger.

"I did not!"

"Actually," Scott butts in. "You did."

I pout and cross my arms over my chest like a child.

"You guys are meanies."

***

"What?" I hiss at my twin brother, grabbing him by the arm and tugging him around before he can go to his locker.

"Jackson talked to dad." He grumbles. "Took back his statement."

"So now Isaac's not a suspect?" I question.

Stiles nods, sighing in annoyance.

"That's good right?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows, confused at why he's so pissed.

"No! Definitely not! Isaac isn't a suspect anymore and that means he'll be at school today." He stresses, throwing his hands in the air.

"Stiles, his whole family's dead. Imagine if we were suspects of dad's murder?" I scold.

"I didn't mean it like that." He sighs, running his hands over his short brown hair. "I just- we have to tell Scott okay? Isaac is dangerous."

I nod in understanding and follow him to his locker, leaning gingerly on the one beside it in thought. Isaac wasn't a suspect anymore, which means it's safe for him to come back to school. What's weird is that Jackson denied his statement, and an asshole like Jackson wouldn't do that unless he was threatened.

Threatened by somebody like a werewolf.

Stiles nudges me back to earth, grabbing my arm and speed walking to our first class, towing me along behind him.

"Slow. Down." I mutter, stumbling into the classroom after he finally releases his grip on my arm.

My blue eyes widen, zeroing in on the only empty desk. And yup! You guessed it, it was beside Isaac.

I plop down ungracefully, dropping my binder on the desk and eyeing the boy beside me warily. A deadly smirk rested upon his face, it's presence likely caused by Stiles and Scott behind him, talking in hushed whispers.