15: Detention

There’s something between you and I;
A special feeling words can’t define
There’s a passion in the magic
That only we can feel
And I can’t imagine
Anything more infinitely real.

-unknown

***

I sat sulking in between Scott and my brother, not the least bit happy with the predicament we've found ourselves in.

"Dad is going to acually murder us." I groan, laying my head against the cool surface of the table.

"Not if Harris does first." Scott murmers, glaring at the back of the man's head.

"Or if Jackson kills us all." Stiles chirps sarcastically, leaning his head on his hand.

"That too." I sigh, closing my eyes briefly.

"Maybe we should kill him." Scott mutters darkly, still upset from their recent brawl.

"No." Stiles surprisingly defends. "We still don't know who's controlling him."
Curse you for having logic Stiles.

"Fine, then who do you think is controlling him." I question, raising my head in interest.
My twin and I have always been good at creating a list of suspects, but this time... I just wasn't sure.

"Matt." He shrugs, not loud enough for the boy himself to hear from Jackson's table.
I cock my head to the side in confusion, beckoning him to go on.

"I just don't trust him." He sighs. "There's definitely something off, just look at him!"
I follow his gaze with a frown, watching as Matt offers Jackson a chip, only to get declined.

"Just think, he did help find Jackson's lost footage from the full moon, but it might have just been to avoid suspicion." Stiles whispers, still glaring at Matt with narrowed eyes.

"I do think something's fishy about him but I don't think he's going around murdering people." I reply with a frown. My brother didn't exactly have evidence on his side, except from the fact that Matt is 'creepy', which wasn't really a reasonable excuse.

"He's not killing people, Jackson's doing it for him!" Stiles whispers harshly, still trying to get his point across.

"Okay, then what about the people he's killed," Scott challenges. "There's no pattern."

"I haven't gotten that far yet." Stiles admits, scratching the back of his head out of habit.
I narrow my eyes, looking past him, at Jackson, who was holding his head in pain.
The boy quickly got up, getting excused by Harris to use the washroom, though it was clearly something more than that because Harris follows him out, yelling at us to stay in our seats first, to which the three of us disobey immediately, rushing over to Erica to gather more information.

"How do you know about Jackson's real parents?" Scott interrogates, sliding into the seat beside her, Stiles and I following his lead. She rolled her eyes, sighing.

"They died in a car accident and my dad was the insurance investigator. Every time we drive past his house he says something about how at 18 he'll be getting a this huge settlement." She shrugs, typing away on her laptop.

"So not only is he stinkin' rich now, he's going to get more money when he turns 18?" I exclaim, jealousy putting a scowl on my face.

"Yep, I could probably find the insurance report for you in my dad's inbox, he keeps everything." She laughs, being suspiciously kind to us for once.

"Scott McCall to the principal's office please."

Stiles and I turn to Scott in fear and confusion, wishing him luck before he faces his doom.
Mrs. Argent wouldn't kill anyone during school would she?

"Jackson’s parents arrived at the hospital DOA on June 14th." Erica reads, causing the two Stilinski twins to widen their eyes.

"Jackson was born on June 15th." We blurt in unison, as Jackson and Mr. Harris return to the classroom. I look at him with narrowed eyes as he walks past, only getting the usual glare in return.

"He must have been delivered by an emergency c-section after his mother died." Stiles murmured, scrutinizing the report in thought.

I sling my bag over my shoulder, standing up as Harris prepares to leave.
The man I so strongly dislike chuckles darkly, shaking his head in laughter.

"Oh no, yes I'm leaving, you are not allowed to leave until all the shelves are restocked." Mr. Harris smirks, patting a cart full of books before leaving a handful of grumpy students behind to go sacrifice children to Satan...or whatever Mr. Harris does in his free time.

"Great."

***

"So were Jackson's parents murdered or did the car crash really kill them?" Allison wonders aloud.

"That would make sense for the Kanima." I mutter, shoving a book into the shelf below me.

"Then we need to tell him." Scott states, leaving to the row of bookshelves Jackson is stocking.

"I don't know if he remembers but last time we tried to tell Jackson that he was the Kanima we ended up with a restraining order." I huff, giving up on our task and sitting criss crossed on the library floor.
Allison chuckles, nodding in agreement as she places another book into the shelf infront of her dutifully.
Suddenly the smile falls off her face and a loud crash is heard.
I jump to my feet, rushing out of the isle of books to witness Jackson half-shifted jump on top of one of the bookshelves.
A cry of fear left my lips, bringing the Kanima's attention to me as it hisses loudly.
Stiles grabs my arm and pulls me into hiding, sheltering both me and Allison from bits of book and ceiling that are now falling around us.
The three of us peek out from the shelf and watch Jackson...the Kanima, begin to write on the chalkboard in a trance.

Stay out of my way or I’ll kill all of you.

I hug my arms to my chest as he leaps out the window, leaving us in the aftermath of the library's destruction.

"Guys!" I hear Stiles call out and I immediately rush to his side, fearing the worse.

"E-erica?" I stutter, grabbing her hand as she convulses.

"She's having a seizure, we need to get her to the hospital." Scott demands.

"To Derek." Erica chokes out in her writhing state. "To Derek."

"Scott." I shout, pulling him away from his conversation with Allison. "We need to get her to Derek."

"This doesn't feel right." He murmers, ignoring me.

"Scott go." Allison commands, kneeling back down by a paralyzed Matt.
Scott finally nods and picks up Erica reluctantly.

**

"I-is she gonna die?" I ask, watching Derek forcefully snapping Erica's arm.

"I don't know." He grumbles, trying to ignore the werewolf's screams of agony. "I need to drain the venom from her blood."
I then watch in horror as he peirces her flesh with his claws, causing a waterfall of blood to poor out.
I cover my mouth in terror, stumbling backwards into something, more specifically, someone.

"Let's get you out of here." Isaac grimaces, placing his warm hand on the small of my back and gently guiding me out of the abandoned subway train.

"Thanks." I murmer, turning around to give him an unexpected hug.
After his shock wears out he relaxes into my touch, resting his chin on my shoulder and letting his warm hands rest on my hips.

"He's gonna kill somebody." I murmured into his chest, tears slipping out of my eyes disobediently. "Someone's gonna die."

"Hey, it'll be okay. We'll stop him." Isaac reassures, rubbing my back comfortingly as he presses his cheek against the top of my head.
"We'll stop him."