6: Tea Parties with Criminals

"Are you ready for another bad poem?."

-Fall out Boy (Rat A Tat)

***

I groan out in pain, the light flowing through my window waking me up yet again.

I really need to buy some better curtains.

I peel my eyes open, pressing my hands to my head instantly with a sigh.

When our father found us last night, he made sure to rush me straight to the ER. It was nothing major, just a few scratches and a concussion, which Stiles is a bit jealous of because I don't have to participate in gym anymore.

"Katie if you don't want to go to school today that's completely okay." My father urges, watching me walk down the stairs a little slower than usual.

"Okay." I shrug, agreeing without hesitation. I grit my teeth in pain at the action. It feels as if my brain is sloshing around in my cranium and every time I move my head it explodes. Yeah, pretty fucking painful. And you know what's even worse?

We were out of advil.

*

After a three hour long power nap, I was finally energized...sort of.

I was sitting upside down with my feet in the air on our couch, playing video games, when my phone went off.

I frown and pause Mario cart, sitting up slowly and taking a glace at the clock.

It was twelve thirty.... meaning it was lunch break at the school, also meaning that it was most likely either Stiles or Scott.

I groan lazily and head up the stairs to my room, taking two steps at a time. Flinging open the door, I grab my cell phone off of my bed, pressing it to my ear without hesitation.

"What?" I grumble, sitting on the floor cross legged.

"Erica... she's....really..... hot....!" Stiles pants, obviously having recently been running.

"What?" I ask, confused as heck.

"Derek turned Erica!"Scott explains, taking the phone away from my unathletic twin brother.

"Erica Reyes?" I question, disbelief filling my voice.

"Yeah." Stiles pants, taking his phone back from our best friend.

"Why?" I inquire, epically confused.

"We don't know yet." Stiles frowns in response. I facepalm, my finger lingering over the red hang up symbol.

"Call me when you know okay?" I say, smiling before finally hanging up.

Fucking lunatics.

I see something move out of the corner of my eye and slowly turn to face it, letting out an ear piercing scream in response to the danger.

Suddenly a figure lept through my open window, landing on top of me and causing me to squeeze my eyes shut in fear. When nothing happens I open them again, facing a pair of brilliant blue orbs right in front of me, the attackers breath on my lips.

I widen my eyes, rolling us around using my super ninja skills and snatch my dagger off of my desk, pressing it to their throat threateningly.

"What are you doing here!?" I breathe out, watching his eyes widen as he squirms, feeling the cold metal being pressed down just below his jaw.

"You, uh, screamed." Isaac mumbles, clearly petrified at the knife to his throat.

"Oh...." I mutter, biting my lip awkwardly. "I did didn't I?"

He nods, cautiously reaching for my hand, and gently pulls the knife out of my grasp, sliding it across the floor and far enough away that we couldn't get hurt by it.

"Are you alright?" He questions, staring worriedly at my dazed expression.

"Yeah." I reply breathily. "I'm fine."

My cheeks flush as I notice the position that we were currently in, I was sitting on him, straddling his waist.

I stand up, reaching my hand down to pull him up as well.

"Sorry about that." I groan, tucking a strand of long brown hair behind my ear, and pointing at the wall. "There's a spider."

He chuckles. "You screamed that loud because of a spider?"

I shrug and grab a shoe from my closet, slowly walking up to the creepy crawling 8 legged death bug and squash it.

One less spider to torment my existence, no doubt that I wouldn't be sleeping tonight...

"So what are you acually doing here?" I question, tossing the shoe lazily to the floor. "You know, before the whole screaming thing..."

He rubs the back of his neck, turning to me seriously. "I wanted to check on you, after last night."

I scowl, flopping down onto my bed. "You could've killed me!" I exclaim, facing him.

"I know.." he sighs, running a hand through his hair. "I know, I'm sorry."

"Why are you here!?" I question again, glaring at the floor. "Did Derek send you so he could make me join his little pity pack?"

"No. Acually, he told me to stay low." He murmers, observing me as I forcefully shove another loose lock of dull brown hair behind my ear.

"I don't believe you." I snort, turning my ice cold glare up to his.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." He sighs, his ocean blue eyes never leaving mine.
I soften, darting my eyes away quickly before returning them to the boy infront of me.

"I'm okay." I nod. "Just a little concussion but I'm okay." I nod.

He relaxes, thankful that it wasn't any worse, and knowing full well that it could have been.

"I honestly think it's messing with my brain." I admit, beginning to ramble. "I, the Sheriff's daughter, am casually having a tea party in my room with a criminal who's wanted for murder." I snort.

"I didn't do it." He replies, looking at me with complete honesty. "I swear I didn't do it."

"Do you know how many people say that!?" I laugh bitterly, standing up and running my hands through my hair anxiously.

"It's the truth." He replies, watching me sadly. "It wasn't me, it was something else."

"Something?" I inquire, slowly turning around.

"Yeah." He nods, furrowing his brow in thought. "It wasn't like us, it had a tail."

I laugh, sliding down the wall pathetically.

"Stiles and Scott are not going to believe this."

Isaac stands up from his seat on my bed, towering over me like a giant.

"I need to go..."He mumbles, rubbing his neck.

I nod from the ground, our eyes meeting for a split second.

"I'll see you around Lahey."

And boy was I gonna.