5: Superman

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence."

—"Old Man's Advice to Youth: 'Never Lose a Holy Curiosity.'"LIFE Magazine (2 May 1955) p. 64

***

I sat on the hood of our Jeep impatiently, checking my watch every two seconds.

What the hell is taking him so long!?!?

"There you are!" I groan loudly, watching Stiles emerge from the building version of hell as I hop onto the pavement. "Why'd you make me wait out here so long!?"

Suddenly my phone rings, making me very confused.
1, being that I had no friends, and 2 because it was and unknown number.

I look at it oddly but answer it anyway, knowing that it could only be two things; west jet, or something very important.

It was the second, and it was Allison.

"Hello" I answer in confusion, slamming the door to the Jeep and expertly clicking my seatbelt on with one hand.

"It's Allison." She replied, her tone worried.

"Oh, uh!" I reply, almost dropping my phone, but catching it in suprise and putting it on speaker. "How'd you get my number?" I ask dumbly.

"I'm sorry Stiles wasn't answering his phone and my father sent out this guy and I didn't know what to do so I asked Scott for your number." She says hurriedly, not stopping for air.

"Makes sense." I shrug. "Wait, what guy!?"

"He was dressed as a Sheriffs deputy." She says in a hushed tone, striking me with worry.

"Theyre sending him to the station for Isaac." Stiles huffs, yanking the phone out of my grip so he could hear clearer over the hum of the Jeep's engine.

"He had a box with him, it had something engraved in it...a flower I think." She explains, her voice now steady. "I have a picture of it in a book somewhere, here, I'll send it to you."

My phone flashes, signalling a new message and we check, Stiles letting out a pained sigh.

"What, what is it Stiles!?" I ask, panicked.

"Wolfsbane." He mutters. "They're going to kill him."

I stare at him in shock, sliding down in my seat.

Why would they kill him?

He hasn't done anything wrong...has he?

I mean he is a suspected murderer.

"Don't worry." Stiles reassures, placing a hand on my knee. "We'll get him before they do."

"And if we don't?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"We will."

***

"This might be the worst idea we've ever had!" I mention cheerfully, bouncing up and down in my seat.

"Yeah." My brother scoffs. "Right next to befriending a werewolf."

"In our defense, he wasn't a werewolf when we met him." I grin, causing him to chuckle.

Then Allison called back.

"Hello, Stilinski twins speaking." I sing, answering it happily.

"Hey, I slowed him down, you should be able to get there before him." She replies, I can practically see the smirk on her face.