20: Punch

***

***

I stood, leaning up against the wall, watching in amusement as a peculiar crowd of people entered the large house. Drag Queens to be exact.
Lets just say my brother has a strange choice in friends.

"Now this is a party!" Stiles cheers, bumping my shoulder with his own as he downs a glass of heaven knows what, only to cough it back up a few seconds after.
I hit his back a couple times, attempting to burp him like a baby as people stared at us like we were the crazy ones.

Fix your weave honey cause there's a lot more crazy where that came from.

"We should go check on Scott." I mutter once Stiles is done having a stroke. He sobers up quickly at that and we send identical looks of 'oh shit' in the werewolf's direction.
Someone forgot it was a full moon...

Stiles and I sidle up to Scott, me being the lazy ass I am and taking a seat on the fancy stone wall beside him while my brother talks.

"You should apologize to Allison." Stiles states, looking across the patio at the girl as she sips her glass slowly, taking in Lydia's backyard with furrowed brows.

"What? Why?" Scott asks, looking between the twins in confusion. "I didn't do anything."

"If you think you didn't do anything than you definitely did." I hum, leaning my head against my hand boredly.

"I'm not apologising." He states stubbornly, glaring at the air.

"Is that the full moon talking, buddy?" Stiles questions, raising his eyebrow at the werewolf in an amused fashion.

"Probably." Scott sighs in return, causing me to run a hand through my hair in annoyance, abruptly standing up.

"People are dying, we got our dad fired, you're going to be held back in school, I'm in love with a nut job. And if on top of all that I've got to watch you lose Allison to a stalker like Matt, I'm going to stab myself in the face!" My twin grumbles, not noticing my tight grip on his arm.

"Don't stab yourself yet." I mutter softly, not taking my eye off the newcomer. "Jackson's here."

**

"Have you tried the punch?" Lydia asks, offering me another glass.
I nod, sliding past her as she easily slips into a conversation with a nearby party goer, offering them a glass as well.
What the hell is in the punch that makes her so bloody proud of it?

I finally step out the front door and breathe in the cold, evening air.
Social events are not exactly my thing, and I don't drink often so it's a surprise that I even had some of Lydia's punch in the first place, knowing her it was definitely spiked.
I am just about to turn around and go back inside when I feel a hard grip on my shoulder, making me spin around in suprise, only to come face to face with my brother.
I let out a sigh of relief, rolling my eyes at the unusually quiet boy.

"I was just going to look for you!" I exclaim, laying a gentle hand on his arm. He pushes me away forcefully, and that's when I know something is wrong.

"Stiles? Are you okay?" I question, taking a cautious step towards him. He steps back, his eyes red and puffy. "What's wrong?" I ask again, begging him to tell me.

"Everything!" He cries out, voice strained as he chokes back a sob.

"W-what do you mean?" I ask worriedly, reaching out to touch him again only to be pushed away.

"You ruined everything!" He shouts, jabbing a finger at my chest. "Mom died and now you!"

"What do you mean Stiles!?" I demand, hot tears slipping out of my sad, blue eyes.

"You killed her and then you killed yourself!" He sobs, pushing me at the wall violently, making me gasp in suprise.

"I-I'm right here Stiles! Right here!" I cry out, trying to push him off of me, but his hands snake themselves around my neck, squeezing tightly until black rims my vision. Finally, my eyes droop closed and I am left in darkness, awakened with a start by a cold gust of wind against my cheek.
My eyes snap open, my hands going up to my neck to feel no bruises, stray tears traveling across my pale skin.

The door behind me opens and I recognize Stiles' out of breath voice call out to me in the still night air.

"There you are, we've been looking for you!" He exclaims, two pairs of footsteps joining him on the front entrance.

"Kate?"
I turn slowly, seeing my two best friends and Allison looking back at me in concern.

"Are you okay?" Allison questions softly, taking a step towards me, Stiles stopping her with an outstretched arm.

"Katelyn." He cauxes, stepping closer. "It's okay. It wasn't real."

"I wanna go home." That's all I can say before I'm wrapped up in my twin's embrace. He rubs my back as the tears begin to flow once again, resting his cheek on my hair.

"You're okay. Whatever happened wasn't real." He mumbles softly into my hair, comforting me until I finally pull back, wiping the back of my sleeve against my face in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I mumble hastily, sniffling a little.

"It's okay." Allison smiles softly, putting a gentle hand on my shoulder. "It happened to all of us."

"What? How?" I question, looking at the three in confusion.

"The punch had wolfsbane in it." Scott sighs, pushing a hand through his disheveled, brown hair. I turn to them with a dangerous glare.

"That son of a bitch." I seethe, before Stiles and I blurt out the same thing at the same time.

"We need to find Lydia!"

****

"Where is she?" I huff, half in annoyance and half in concern.

"I don't know." Stiles pants, stopping right beside me to catch his breath.
Around us people are screaming, making out against pillars, and throwing eachother into the pool.

"Please! I can't swim! I can't swim!"

Stiles, Scott and I turn around in suprise to see Matt being thrown into the pool by some jock. Everyone stops to watch, but instead of being horrified like we were, they were all laughing and clapping.
I gasp as his body hits the water, screams of terror ripping from his throat.
Grabbing Scott's arm, I look at him pleadingly, but before he can even move a muscle Jackson is lugging the terrified boy out of the large pool, glaring everyone into silence.
Suddenly sirens peirce through the night air and all the partiers begin to vanish, leaving the four of us standing in a haze.
As the squad cars pull up I notice Matt's dripping figure glaring at us from across the road, and smack Stiles arm repeatedly.

"Ow, what the hell Kate!?" He grumbles, rubbing his arm in pain. I point, not so subtly, in Matt's direction and everything goes silent, the only thing we can process being the Kanima's tail wrapped protectively around the boy's leg.

"We are so fucked."