14: Trouble

Family faces are mirrors.
Looking at the people who
belong to us, we see the 
past, present and future.

 Author: unknown

***

The day began as normal, almost as if we hadn't done something completely illegal the night before.

I was almost convinced my father forgot until he pulled the two of us aside before we could leave for school.

"I don't want you two getting I'm trouble today you hear?" The Sheriff directs, pointing an accusing finger at the both of us.

"Wasn't planning on it." I grin, stepping around him and onto our front porch.

"Oh course you weren't." He sighs, dropping his hand to his and turning back inside.

"Love you!" I call out after him, receiving a thankful smile in return.

Sheriff Stilinski was blessed with twins, double trouble in his case, and Katelyn felt guilty for causing so much stress to her poor father.

I'll make it up to him. I reminded myself, slamming the door to our rusty old Jeep closed and cranking the radio. We both will.

***

"So, um, has anyone else noticed the cameras following our every move?" I mumble, watching one turn towards us as we walked by. "Or am I just being paranoid?"

"There's no such thing as paranoid in Beacon Hills." Stiles scoffs, slinging a lanky arm around my shoulders lazily. I hum in response, laying my head on his shoulder as the three of us strolled into the library where Allison was to meet us with some important Kanima information.
She showed up soon enough, sliding a tablet through one of the bookshelves for us.

"Thats everything Lydia can translate and, trust me, she was very confused." The girl chuckled quietly, leaning against the opposite side of the bookshelf.

"What did you tell her?" Scott questions, unlocking the tablet as Stiles and I attempt to read over his shoulder.

"That we were part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures." Allison states, proud of her believable lie.
I snort in amusement, eyeing Stiles from around Scott.

"I am part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures." He replies, slightly offended.

"O-oh. Great." The poor girl replies awkwardly, giving Scott an odd look.
I giggle at her awkwardness, quickly covering my lips to avoid unwanted attention.

"So how do we find out who's controlling it?" The werewolf questions, guiding us back to our original intent.

"I don't know, all it says is that the Kanima is a weapon of vengeance and has been used in the past to execute murderers." Allison responds wisely, reminding me of Dumbledore for a split second. Rip in peace my man, rip in peace....

"Great!" Stiles grins, relief flooding his face.

"But when the bond between the Kanima and it's master grows strong enough, the Kanima can go after anyone the master wants it to." She adds, frowning.

"That's not so great..." I mumble, shuddering at the notion.

"That's not all." Allison warns. "The Kanima is acually supposed to be a werewolf, but it can't unless it 'resolves that in its past which manifests it.'"

"If that means Jackson needs a couple hours of therapy than I could have told you that myself." The taller Stilinski scoffs, rolling his hazel eyes in annoyance.