12: Gay Dinosaur

"So let me get this straight

"So let me get this straight." I groaned, pressing an ice pack to my head. "You followed the dinosaur to a gay club, watched it paralyze a bunch of people, including Danny and his ex boyfriend, and followed the bleeding, naked, not dinosaur anymore, JACKSON to the parking lot and kidnapped him?"

"Basically."

"WHAT THE FUCK DUDE!" I yell into the phone, causing Stiles to hold it away from his poor ears.

I have no regrets.

"Ow, jeez! Was that really necessary!?" My twin hisses on the other side of the line.

"Because it was you? Yes." I snort, rolling my eyes. "I can't believe you did all that without me you douche!"

"You were nearly dead!" Stiles stresses, dramatizing on the word dead.

"I was not 'nearly dead'! Just suffering from a little bump on the head that's all." I huff, gently poking the stitches that now dawned my scalp.

"A bump on the head." He scoffs, I can practically taste the sarcasm coming through the phone. "I'll be home in a bit, be careful alright?" He orders.

"Yeah yeah, it's not like I can go anywhere anyway." I scoff, pressing the red button before lazily chucking my phone onto the coffee table.

A knock sounds, causing me to awkwardly fall off the couch in surprise.

Ouch.

I rub my head, pulling myself up slowly as the person knocks again.

"I'm coming!" I yell, limping towards our house's tall, white door.

Plastering on a friendly smile I turn the knob, swinging the door open easily.

I glance at the boy infront of me, meeting his concerned blue eyes.

Gritting my teeth together, I grip the door, going to slam it shut. He expected this though, and stuck his foot in the way, stopping the door from closing.

"What do you want?" I whisper, not making eye contact with the boy, knowing fully well that I'd cave.

"I want to talk." He responds softly, removing his foot.

"Are you going to try to kill me this time?" I question angrily, looking down at the spot his foot once was.

"That wasn't- I promise I won't." He sighs, running a hand over his soft, dirty blonde curls.

"Okay." I mumble, opening the door wide enough for him to walk through.

"I'm really sorry." He apologizes, looking at me with genuine sadness in his eyes. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

I nod slowly, walking back to the couch and flopping down again, switching the TV on.

"Katelyn...please respond. You don't have to accept my apology, you don't even have to be my friend, just know that I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you, I-I can't control it." He sighs, sitting down beside me.

I huff, turning to face him in rage.

"You almost killed me, twice! You were nice when you came to check on me the first time, and when you untied me from that horrid pole. But then, you show up at school, threatening the life of Lydia Martin, who my brother really cares about okay!? Stiles would die if anything happened to her! And I don't want my brother to be hurt like that!" I rant, not paying attention to our close proximity.

"I'm sorry. I've said it a million times but I really am sorry." He admits, looking into my eyes.

He reaches his hand up and it hovers above my cheek, his thumb sweeping under my eye softly, wiping away the tears I didn't know had fallen.

My chin wobbles as his thumb leaves my cheek and I quickly reach out, putting my hand on his.

He smiles softly, cupping my cheek as I hold his hand there, trying to prevent more tears from spilling out.

"Why am I not scared?" I sniff, looking at him in confusion. "I should be terrified right now."

"You're right." He sighs, taking his warm hand away from mine and standing up. "It's best you stay away."

And with that he left.

***

"You know what's funny?" I ask, leaning my head against the side of the transport vehicle.

"What?" Stiles questions dryly, not in the mood for one of my lame jokes.

"Obese Chihuahuas." I state, staring boredly at the town below.

Stiles snorts, nodding his head in amusement.

"Like, how can they even get obese? Their stomachs are the size of a peanut!" I add, furrowing my eyebrows in thought.

"If you guys could stop having stupid conversations and let me out maybe I would consider not murdering you after all of this is over!"

"I should probably go check on him." Stiles sighs in annoyance, pulling himself off of the dirt beside me.

"Meh, I'd rather leave him to rot." I shrug, sending Stiles a look.

"Yeah, well, Scott doesn't think we should kill him so unfortunately there's nothing we can do." The boy huffs, opening the back of the vehicle and hopping in.

I sigh, taking a bite out of a Twizzler from the bag I stuffed in my purse.

Who knew crime could be so relaxing.

But alas, I should probably go check on my brother and make sure he's still alive.

"If I did have a tail, I'd use it to strangle you." Jackson spits out lowly.

"And that's my que to go." Stiles grins oddly, hopping out the back and slamming the doors closed before seeing me.

"Holy shit!" He shouts in suprise, staring at me with wide eyes and a hand over his heart.

I roll my eyes, a small grin coating my lips at his expression.

"Did I scare the wittle baby?" I pout, reaching out to pinch his cheeks.

"Yeah, a little bit!" He scoffs, slapping my hands away.

"Awee, cupcake." I coo, ruffling his short brown hair.

He shrugs me off, shooting me the death glare before his eyes land on something behind me.

I turn around, seeing Allison jog into the clearing with a panicked look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask, mirroring her facial expression.

"Your dad knows."

"Knows what!?" Stiles and I reply simultaneously, our eyes widening to the extreme.

"He knows Jackson's missing."

"That's not possible." I state, pulling the aforementioned boy's phone out of my pocket.

"Yeah." Stiles agrees. "We've been texting his parents all day."

"Well, they know, alright. We've got to get out of here." Allison's urges, jumping into the passenger side of the truck.

"Katie get in, let's go." Stiles says hurriedly, practically pushing me into the middle seat and buckling me in.

"Jeez Louis, slow down!" I huff, crossing my arms like the angsty teen I am.

He only ignores me, turning on the police radio to confirm our suspicions.

"Shit." I hiss, grabbing Jackson's phone out of my pocket and dialing his mum, before tossing it to Stiles who chucks it out the window.

We're doomed.