Chapter 6

So, like, before we get into the fic, I've got some very important news to share. . .

On Monday, March 27th, 2017, at 8:03PM, my absolute favorite boy (other than Harry, of course) Luke Hemmings followed me on Twitter. Like. WHAT. THE. FUCK? I hadn't been expecting it AT ALL. I tweeted that boy ONCE, and next thing I knew he followed me and I was having trouble breathing. I kid you not, I started shaking and crying. 4 years I've loved that boy and tried to get him to notice me, and then on that fateful day, I was the ONLY person he followed. I'm still in complete disbelief and shock. I love him so much I'm gonna start crying again omg.

Enjoy the chapter!!

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 6

City Girl's POV:

"No fucking way."

"Yes, way! Can you believe it? I'm gonna start crying again."

I stared at my best friend's left ring finger, her hand clasped in both of mine as the diamond stared back at me, shining brilliantly in the sunlight that filtered through the window of my living room. It was a beautiful sight, but the smile on my best friend's face was even more blinding that I couldn't help but grin back at the mere sight of it.

Zoe had just returned from her trip to Chicago, and not only had she surprised me by showing up at my doorstep after I got home from work, but she practically shoved her left hand in my face in effort to show me the ring that nestled on her finger. Apparently, after all of the wedding shenanigans, Carlos couldn't wait any longer and had asked Zoe to marry him—something that he had been wanting to do for a while now, according to her story telling. Of course, upon learning that my best friend was engaged, I joined in on her squealing of utter excitement and poured us both some of my favorite red wine.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you as soon as it happened," she apologized, lightly swirling the liquid in the glass as she sat facing me on the couch, "but I wanted to let you know in person. Makes it all the more better, y'know?"

I grinned easily, not at all minding. "No, I'm glad you waited," I assured her, squeezing her free hand with mine. "I'm so happy for both of you, seriously. You guys are so cute, oh my God." Her smile only widened, unsuccessfully hiding it behind the rim of the glass as she took another sip. "So do guys know when you want the wedding or are you just enjoying the engagement phase for now?"

Zoe chuckled, lowering her glass as she leaned back against the armrest of the couch. "We haven't begun planning or anything, but we both agreed we want the wedding to be sometime in August."

I nodded, shifting so my legs were now folded underneath me, all the while making sure the wine from my glass didn't spill. The stain would be a bitch to get out. "That's a nice time."

"Oh, and—not that I really have to say this since it'd be a known fact—you're my maid of honor, Vera," Zoe nonchalantly put out, as if it was a fact, because in all honesty, it was.

Nonetheless, the smile on my face widened even more, if that was possible, and I reached over to give her a one armed hug, still mindful of our beverages as I enthusiastically claimed, "Yes! I love you, thank you!"

"Don't thank me yet," Zoe laughed after we pulled away, a smirk tilting her lips as she added, "You never know—I might be a real nightmare. Bridezilla waiting to happen."