Chapter 39

hey y'all! i don't know how many chapters are left, but this story is definitely coming to an end soon! i'm super sad yet super excited, and i hope y'all enjoyed this story as much as i did!

make sure you guys check out my story "Breakthrough", which isn't a fanfic but it's one of my favorite works i've written! also, eventually i'm gonna start posting chapters for my new Luke Hemmings fic called "Quiet Hours". i hope you guys read both of those stories, because as i wrote this story i began developing my writing skills and while i applied them to this fic, i think they came out stronger in "Breakthrough" and "Quiet Hours". 

so, yeah, i hope you guys check them out because if you liked reading this and my other Harry fics, then maybe you'll enjoy my other works! it would mean so much to me, because i love writing them!

happy reading! don't forget to vote + comment!

__________________________________________________________

Chapter 39

Prince's POV:

The year had ended way too soon.

Truthfully, I had no idea where it had gone because I could swear that I had moved to New York just a few days ago. But the days, weeks, and months had passed and now the year was coming to an end and my arrival back to England was expected by this weekend. It was only Sunday, and my flight didn't leave until Saturday evening, but the mere thought of it had definitely put a damper on the mood and feel of things. Especially where Vera and I were concerned after realizing we only had a week left to be together physically before becoming a long-distance couple.

We had tried not to think about it too much, the fact that I was leaving, but it was inevitable. We were aware of this, obviously, but I don't think either of us had expected the year to go by so quickly. "I'm going to miss you so much," I heard Vera say from behind me as I poured tea in two cups for us.

I smiled at her words, settling the kettle down as I responded, "aw, love, I'm gonna miss—"

I cut myself off when I turned around, catching sight of Vera's entire attention solely focused on Jagger. She was crouched on the ground, playing with the pup who happily accepted her head rubs, and I let out a breath and crossed my arms over my shoulder. "Were you talkin' to Jagger?"

"Huh?" Vera bewilderedly asked, finally looking up at me from where she was on the floor before realization dawned on her face and she let out a laugh. "I was," she confirmed as she stood up, her grin widening when she caught the way my lips formed a small pout of and made her way over to me. "But I'm gonna miss you, too."

"Yeah, sure," I sarcastically responded, earning an airy laugh from the brown eyed girl as she came to stand in front of me, arms winding around my waist as she tilted her head back to look up at meet my gaze. "I knew you only loved me for my dog."

Vera shot me a deadpanned look, lips pursed before her fingers poked my back. I jerked slightly, laughing lightly as she pointed out, "pretty sure I loved you before then, but whatever floats your boat, Prince."

That brought a grin to my face, reaching up and lightly pinching her cheek before I kissed her lips. "Just kiddin' with you, love," before turning around to prepare our tea.

Once I was done, I handed Vera her cup before the two of us made our way to the living room, Vera whistling for Jagger to follow. I walked behind her, feeling a small smile tug on my lips at the sight of the woman I love and my dog. There was also a dull ache in my chest, knowing that within a matter of days, this wouldn't be something I would be around any longer, and I tried not to let that wipe the smile off my face as I walked further into the living room and sat down on the couch next to Vera.