Chapter 30

i'm honestly quite proud of this chapter. i loved writing it, and i loved how it turned out. i hope you guys do, too.

______________________________________________________________

Chapter 30

City Girl's POV:

It was when I was on the subway on my home from work I received a text from Harry, cryptically telling me to come to his apartment as soon as I got back. His message prompted me to quirk a brow at my phone as I asked him what was up, but he merely told me to just get to his place soon.

As I sat in the subway, I fruitlessly tried to think of what Harry could want, briefly wondering if the conversation we had a few days ago would have anything to do with this. He had been worried about the future of our relationship, wondering what would happen to us once he would inevitably go back home to London. I wasn't going to lie, that conversation drudged up some unwanted thoughts to float around in my mind. I know I told him to just enjoy the relationship as it is right now and not worry about what may come of it, but it was still something to think about.

Then again, who knows if Harry and I last until that long? The mere thought of breaking up caused a dull ache to throb inside, and it wasn't something I wanted to ponder at all, because things are going so damn well with Harry. We've only been dating for a short while, I know, but I've honestly never been this happy before. He's everything anyone could want to be in a relationship with, practically perfect, so the thought of not being with him was enough to bring tears in my eyes, if I'm being honest. Having to let go of something so good was extremely unsettling.

Soon enough, I reached the apartment building, getting into the elevator and pressing the button for Harry's floor instead of my own. Pushing away any negative thoughts that had been swirling in my mind, I took in a deep breath and raised my slightly shaking hand to knock on the door, shifting my weight from one foot to the other as I waited for someone to answer.

I didn't have to wait long as the door swung open, revealing a grinning Harry dressed in a pair of grey sweatpants and a dark green Green Bay Packers hoodie. He looked ridiculously comfortable and the urge to hug and cuddle him was quite overwhelming as he pressed a greeting kiss to my lips. "Hi, love," he smiled, dimples in view as he stepped aside to let me in. "How was work?"

"Good," I answered, briefly thinking of today, which consisted of lots of meetings, especially since Teresa was gone and I was now officially the boss. "What's up with you?" I then asked with an amused grin, trying not to let the slight nerves show as he shut the door and grinned.

"Wanna show you somethin'," he told me, rubbing his hands together before grabbing my left one, tugging me down further into the living room.

The apartment was quiet, telling me Louis and Niall weren't around as I stared at Harry's back with raised brows, clearly noticing his eagerness as he pulled me along. I dropped my purse and jacket onto the couch as we passed it, eyes still on Harry as he pulled me towards the corner of the living room where there was an empty space between the TV and the other couch.

Only this time, it wasn't an empty space. Because right there on the floor was a little doggy bed with the smallest and cutest puppy sleeping right atop it. Immediately as my gaze fell on the little pup, a gasp escaped my mouth and eyes widened in surprise, coming to a stop next to Harry as we stood in front of the bed. Releasing Harry's hand, I crouched down, eyes glued to the little black labrador puppy that was sleeping peacefully in the little bed of pillows and blankets fit for a puppy.

"Oh, my God," I gasped softly, staring at the little thing in awe. Looking at my boyfriend, I asked, "You got a puppy?"

Harry nodded, also crouched down next to me with his arms resting on his knees, a smile on his face. "Yeah," he replied just as softly, not wanting to wake up the puppy. "It was Louis's idea, really." Glancing at me, he added, "Zoe helped me get him."