Chapter 4: I'm Sorry

A blizzard formed in my head, whirring around, destroying everything in its way. My sight blurred, making it difficult to see. I shook my head, trying to snap out of it. The continuous sound of an alarm made it more difficult to stay sane.

"Crystal!" Principle Hendricks yelled.

The alarms still causing a ruckus, I snapped out of it. Principle Hendricks grasped my hand, checking my pulse as I slowly opened my eyes. "Crystal, wake up!" I woke, realizing I passed out due to disbelief that Tom was trying to get me. Not to mention, the fact that he got out of William's basement.

Principle Hendricks began locking all the office doors, including the front office doors. "Oh my god, what are we going to do?" One of the female students asked. There were multiple students in the office, as well as this hot boy, seeming unafraid. I dug that for some reason.

"Everyone, calm down!"

The office got silent, causing everyone to focus on Principle Hendricks. The hot boy pushed few chairs up to the front door since it was made mainly of glass. It didn't cover the entire door, but it did the trick.

I remembered Tom was after me. I was confused, asking myself a cluster of questions. Why is he after me? Why didn't he just go to the police first? Is he mad? How did he escape? I didn't know the answers to any of those questions.

Few students sat in the corner, crying. The hot boy approached me, taking a seat beside me. "What a day, huh?" He asks. "Sure is," I replied.

He wore a light-blue collared shirt, beige pants, and black converse. His hair reminded me of William. "So, what's your name?" He asked. I was flattered that he wanted to know my name. "Crystal." He smiled, squinting his eyes. "I'm Aaron."

Our conversation was interrupted by gunfire. Loud bangs were heard, scaring the students even more. Principle Hendricks quieted down the students in the corner.

Aaron seemed fearless. Me on the other hand... yeah, I was scared shitless. I could hear the screams of students from outside the office as gunshots continued. Blood splattered on the office windows as the students ducked down, hoping not to be seen.

Aaron told me to follow him, which I did. He led us into an office room, closing the door. Principle Hendricks didn't seem to think much of it, as long as we were quiet. He locked the door, making me nervous.

"Cover your ears," Aaron suggested.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

The room erupted in gunfire as students screamed. The sound of their screams made me tense. I began to sob.

It got real quiet. I didn't breathe, nor did I move a muscle. The door kicked open, making me scream. An unknown hooded figure approached me as my screams got louder. "Sorry, Crystal. All actions have consequences." Aaron said softly as I proceeded to yell loudly. The man pulled out a gun and fired at me.

"Crystal!" Principle Hendricks yelled, up in my face.

I stopped yelling. "What's going on?" I sobbed.

"Crystal, I told you I'm letting you off the hook. Now, leave my office. The bell is about to ring."

"What?"

"Do you not understand what I'm telling y-"

"Yeah, I understand... but..."

I got out of my seat, confused. I walking out of the principal's office slowly. I was shocked, shedding a tear. There was school staff walking by, filing papers. I walked up to the front office. I saw the woman who usually works at the front counter. "Hey, how can I help you?" I didn't answer. I looked to the right, seeing Aaron sitting in the waiting area with his backpack beside him on the floor. "Aaron?" I approached him. "Hey, what did that mean?" I asked as I came closer. "He looked at me like I was crazy. "What did that mean? Wha- What does that mean?" He responded, not knowing what the hell I was talking about.