Chapter 17: The Unexpected

Tears of joy emerged from my eyes as William remained in my arms. I'd found William, alive. I'd also found Devin. The unknown number didn't have the upper-hand, and this was my way of proving it. I'd found those who the unknown number threatened me with, except my brother was still out there, captive.

"William, are you okay?" I asked.

William smiled, "I am now."

My father unchained Devin while Joshua snapped pictures. Joshua was weird in his own way. my father and I hauled William and Devin out of underground. It was a bitch trying to get them up the ladder with their poor condition.

My father took Devin home, and Joshua gave me and William a ride to the motel. "Thanks, Joshua," I said as Joshua drove off.

"Why are we at a motel? Why aren't we at your house or my house? I need to get to my mother." William said.

William didn't know. He didn't know anything that's happened up until the day he got taken from the unknown number. "William, did you see who kidnapped you?"

"No. I just remember a red truck. Now tell me, why are we here?"

"My house burned down, William."

"Whoa, what? What happened?"

"I'll explain later. Right now, you need to take a shower. There should be some clothes in that suitcase for you. I've got to go."

"Wait, what about my mother? When can I go home?"

"I'll be back soon."

I left William in the motel room without saying another word. I walked to the coffee shop, hoping William would be fine in the motel room on his own. My father and mother were out working... and Jason... Well, Jason was still missing.

I approached the coffee shop. My eyes grew wide when I saw Eric's car pull up into the coffee shop's parking lot. My heart began racing at the pace of a cheetah's running feet. My inner-killer began to take over, but I fought it. I wanted to kill Eric, but now wasn't the time.

Eric walked into the coffee shop, I followed. He sat at a seat in front of the front counter. I sat next to him, furious. "Oh hey, Crystal. I didn't see you there."

"I'm going to kill you, you son of a bitch," I whispered to him, growing angrier by the second.

"What?"

"You shot my father. You burned down my home. You took my brother. You made me kill people. You threatened me with William's life. You made me your fucking puppet, and you're going to regret all of it. I'll make sure you will."

"Whoa, Crystal. What the hell are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb with me, Eric!" I yelled, grabbing the attention of all the customers in the coffee shop. I reached to Eric's ear, whispering to him, "You won't get out of this in one piece."

I walked out the coffee shop, Eric followed. We were outside, near Eric's car. "Crystal, what's going on?" I turned around, pinning him against his car with my small blade to his neck. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you right now."

"Because, I don't know what the hell is going on!"

A ding went off, making my heart skip a beat. I checked my phone, my knife still at his throat.

Unknown: Wrong guy, Crystal.

A tear ran down my cheek as I removed the knife from his neck. I began to bawl my eyes out. "Crystal, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, Eric."

Eric put his arm around my shoulder. "Let me give you a ride home." I agreed to his offer. "Let me drive, Eric. I something to get my mind off things." I said, wiping my tears.