Chapter 11: From White to Red

I was shocked at what was happening. Besides my father, was the police, and the police were beside Jasmine. WHAT THE FUCK? "What's going on?" I asked.

"We need to talk, Crystal. Your friend told me that you said you killed Joslyn." My father said.

"She is not my friend," Jasmine said.

Not just me, but my father was also playing along.

"What are you talking about, dad?" I said.

"You said you killed Joslyn!" Jasmine yelled.

"Okay, officers... I think this is just a big mistake. I would never say such a thing. Yes, Joslyn and I had our issues, but I would never do anything to hurt her."

"You threatened to kill her once," Jasmine said.

"Yes, you're correct. But, that was a long time ago. I'm not going to lie and say I'm sad that she's dead, but I didn't kill anyone."

"Sir?" One of the officers asked.

"We're good. Head home, guys. See ya' tomorrow." My father ordered.

"This is bullshi-" Jasmine was interrupted.

"Out of my house. Now." I said as the police officers walked out of my house. Jasmine followed them. She got in her small yellow car and drove off.

The red truck was no longer outside. I assume that was thee unknown number, but their gone now.

My father closes our house door. "Where's mom?" I asked. "She's asleep. You're lucky she didn't hear about this." My father replied.

"What about Jason?"

"Same. Sleeping."

"Why was the police here?"

"You tell me, Crystal. What's all this about? Did you tell someone that you fucking killed Joslyn?"

I stood there, silent for a bit. "Jesus Christ, Crystal. If you want me to help you, you can't be doing this shit! I haven't forgotten about what you told me earlier today. I'm going to go burn those files. I'm heading up to bed. Goodnight."

"Goodnight... Dad." I said as my father walked up stairs.

The next morning came, and I prepared for school. I walked to the bus stop. The bus took me to school. After first period, second period came. Science.

There was a new kid to RedGate High. "Okay, class. This is Devin, and he's new to RedGate High, so make sure to show the utmost respect to him." Ms. Banneker said.

"Class, today we're going to be doing groups of two. Would anyone like to take Devin as a group member for now?" Ms. Banneker added.

Everyone remained silent, forcing Ms. Banneker to speak up. "Crystal, why don't you take Devin?"

"Yeah, sure," I said.

Devin and I worked together in a chemical project. Devin overheard so Jocks laughing over at us. "Hey, why don't you come over and say it to my face?" Devin asked.

Four tall Jocks exited their seats, walking over to us. One of them with blonde flowy hair go in Devin's face. "You think I'm sacred of you, kid?" The Jock asked.

"Why don't we find out?" Devin replied.

"Hey! That's enough! Chase, get back to your seat!" Ms. Banneker said.

The Jocks walked back to their seats, starring at us like crows the rest of the period.

On our way to Lunch, in the hallways, Devin and I saw Courtney's locker flooded with letters. Courtney's death wasn't my fault. Neither was Aaron's. Neither of them deserved to die, and their deaths will not go unpunished. "She got shot, Devin. But, she's alive."

I saw a boy taking pictures of Courtney's locker. "Hey, what are you doing?" I asked the curly-haired boy. "Taking pictures." Devin gave him a nasty look. "No shit. She meant why are you taking pictures."

"It's my job. I'm a photographer. I take pictures for the yearbook."

"Are pictures of an injured girl's locker going to go in a yearbook?" Devin asked.

"Look, I'm just doing what I'm told. I'm Joshua."

"I'm Crystal, this is Devin."

"Cool, you guys heading to lunch?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Dope, me too. Maybe, we can sit together?"

"Sure."

Lunch came, and I was surprised to see I didn't get grade-A lunch like usual. "Sorry, Sweetie." The lunch lady said.

Devin, Joshua and I sat at my and William's usual table. It was different without William there. Caleb joined us at the table.

"Why didn't we get good lunch like last time?" Caleb asked.

"The school couldn't continue to keep paying for good lunch. It's too pricey." Joshua said.

Before I could respond, Principle Hendricks spoke up through the microphone. "Okay Seniors, we have our student of the month. Rachel Pemberton! A girl walked up on stage, wearing a white dress.

She grabbed her certificate from Principle Hendricks, " Let it down!" The administration pulled a string, releasing a tarp labeled 'Congratulations'. Except, it wasn't your ordinary congratulations. It was more than that. It was bloody. It was terrifying. It was shocking enough for the entire cafeteria to gasp in terror.

Girls began screaming, as did Rachel Pemberton. Quite the congratulations. The tarp flowed down, releasing guts, organs, and gallons of blood onto her dress. The administration was in shock. People continued to gasp. Aaron's remains laid on Rachel's perfect white dress. Aaron's head accompanied Rachel right beside her on the stage.

I gasped in fear. A ding went off.

Unknown: Looks like it was a bad day for her to wear white.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/12/17

Thanks for reading Chapter Eleven of 'The Day I Became a Serial Killer'. I'd really appreciate some feedback in the comments, as well as a book vote if you enjoyed the eleventh chapter. Thank you for reading, fellow Wattpaders! Chapter Twelve is out now!