Chapter 5: Clean-Up

I sat in the corner, hands wrapped around my knees, crying as William swept up Tom's body. At one point, he threw up. I don't blame him. I didn't know what got into me. It's like my inner killer broke out.

I had realized that it was pointless to try and protect my future, as I was only making it much worse. It was too late now. I had to keep my secret, or else more than my future would be ruined.

"Crystal, are you okay?" William asked, softly.

I sniffled, "No."

"I'm going to go bury these bodies in the town cemetery."

"Be careful. Don't get caught."

"Of course, the cemetery is only a few blocks away. I'll see you later."

I was broken. Honestly, I preferred being at school right now than being in William's basement with a pool of blood beside me. I need to go home and talk to my father.

I went to William's sister's room and changed my clothing, making the horrors that were committed invisible. When I got home, my father was at the kitchen table. Not a surprise.

"Hey, Dad," I said, walking around the table to take a seat.

"Hey, Sweetheart."

I sat down, opposite of him. He lay a folder on the table, labeled 'Evidence'. "I have the files." I stared at the folder, somewhat shocked. He opened the folder, revealing papers and pictures that displayed Joslyn's dead body. "We need to burn this." He suggested.

"Yes, we do."

There were still things I didn't get. There were still questions unanswered. "Dad, back when I... you know. How did you get your hands on Joslyn's phone before the other police did?"

He looked at me, closing the folder. "I got a report from a few people over at the hiking trail. They said they found a body. I was the first there and I began to look around. The people eventually left as I called for backup. I then noticed that the dead girl was Joslyn. Someone I know you don't seem to like. I was curious and I picked up her phone. I saw the recent video she recorded. Then... I heard your voice in the video, not wanting to watch anymore. I took her phone because I didn't want you to end up in jail."

I got it now. It all made sense. "Listen, I have to prepare dinner. Your mother should be home anytime now."

"Okay. Thanks, Dad."

"No problem, sweetheart. Please, behave yourself tomorrow at school. I don't want to get any more calls about my little girl flipping her shit."

I giggled, "Okay, Dad."

I left home, walking to the store. We needed some drinks for dinner. I entered the corner store, walking over to the drinking isle. DING! I unlocked my phone, viewing the text message. It was from an unknown number.

Unknown: I know what you did.

Me: What?

I know what you did, Crystal.

Me: What are you talking about?

Unknown: You know exactly what I'm talking about. See you soon, Crystal.

"Who the hell is that, and what do they know?" I thought. "Hey, are you looking at buying anything?" The guy at the front counter asked. "Yeah, I'll be done in a minute."

The door's bell rung as it opened. William walked into the store, looking for me. "There you are." I looked at him, confused. "Hey, why are you here?"