Chapter 22: Red Everywhere

I approached my father as he held Jason tight. M father gave Jason a kiss on his forehead as I hugged Jason. William hadn't known what just happened.

William inside Jasmine's home, the two dead bodies still there. William turned the full stove on high and grabbed alcohol out the cabinet he'd seen earlier. He splashed liquor across the floors and the bodies as the stove began to hiss. William walked out the house as he got in my father's car. They drove off as the remains of Jasmine and her mother were consumed by flames.

Me and the rest made it back to the motel and were shocked to see her mother home early from work. They could see her sobbing through the window. She was convinced she wouldn't see her baby son ever again, that is until we walked through the door.

My mother hugged Jason greatly as she dialed 911. The police came shortly after, closing the case on Jason Garrix. The police asked my father where we'd found him, and we told them he was hidden in the woods. My father made up the story that we'd grounded him, and we supposed he'd ran off.

I wasn't surprised to see my father come up with a somewhat believable story. I was rather surprised that the police department fell for it.

I approached my mother as she squeezed Jason, "Mother?"

"I'm fine," Crystal's mother wiped her tears.

I saw my father get in his police vehicle, "Dad, where are you going?"

I approached him as he looked at me. "I'm gonna' go find this son of a bitch."

"Where would you look?"

"Message him, and trick him into meeting you somewhere."

"I can only respond to him within a certain time of him messaging me. It's an unknown number, dad."

"Then wait until he contacts you, and lure him in."

I looked at the ground as I thought for a second. "I might know where to find him."

My father drove me to Joshua's house. I knocked on his door, Officer Watson answered.

"Crystal? What brings you here?"

"Joshua and I are working on a school project together, and I need to get some work from him. I'll only be a few minutes."

"Okay, only a few minutes."

I walked up to Joshua's room. I opened his door, seeing him watching TV on his bed. "Crystal? What are you doing here?"

"I need your help."

"No, I won't be involved with this anymore. I don't want anything to do with this bullsh-"

"Joshua. Do you remember our talk? You do as I say, and you keep your genitals."

"What is it?"

"You told me before that you were a whiz with computers and shit. Right?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can you track cell phone numbers?"

"Obviously."

"Can you track untraceable cell phone numbers?" I asked.

"Crystal, what you're asking me to do here is against the law."

"You've already broken the law, Joshua. You're holding information about a murder. You know who killed Rachel, but I get it. You can't tell, and you won't. But you've already broken the law. So, can you do it or not?" I said.

"Do you realize how difficult it'd be?"

"I never said the job would be easy."

"You never said it'd be hard either."