[5]: Shoot Your Shot

"So, I was thinking we could go out to dinner first, then maybe a movie or the arcade," he said

"So, I was thinking we could go out to dinner first, then maybe a movie or the arcade," he said. We were sitting in the car, and his suggestions were the only talk we had since we got in.

"Sounds great," I said, completely unaware of anything he had just said.

Soon enough, we pulled up to a local seafood and pasta bar. Brett didn't know anything about me, so there's no way he could've known that i was allergic to seafood. I decided to go in anyways. I didn't need to reveal my huge appetite on the first date anyways.

After about thirty minutes of pure silence, Brett finally spoke up.

"Are you sure you're not hungry?" He asked once more. I only had a glass of water in front of me. Truth be told, I was starving.

"Yeah, I have a small appetite." The lie struggled to make it out of my mouth. He offered some of his food, but I politely declined.

"I'm sorry if this isn't your ideal date," he finally pitched in. "I wanted it to be a perfect night, but obviously you're not having too much fun."

"No, no Brett trust me it's not you," I said. He was still a little down, so I decided to tell him the truth.

"I'm allergic to seafood," I said, circling my straw in my glass of water.

"Holy shit. I'm so sorry. We can go somewhere else. I definitely didn't think this through," he suddenly went into panic mode.

"No, no. It's not your fault," I said.

He waved for the waitress and picked up the check so we could leave. We ended up walking through the streets instead of immediately going to the car.

After a while, we finally came across a local pizza joint. Greasy cheese and pepperoni was just what I needed to settle my appetite.

He didn't order anything, but he was glad to pay for my meal and sat and watched me ate.

"Truth be told, I really wanted to impress you tonight," Brett said.

"Consider me impressed," I laughed, stuffing the hot pizza into my mouth.

"Seriously."

"Brett, I'm no one special. You definitely have nothing to be intimidated by coming from me. And I mean it, this night was perfect. Even if I watched you eat for the first half," I laughed again.

He sent a smile, and it made me light up inside.

"How about we hit up that arcade?" I said.

After walking back to the car, we drove a few miles and reached the town arcade hangout. It wasn't really an arcade, more or so like Dave & Buster's.

It was nearly 9pm, but the place was still crowded with teenagers and kids. He paid upfront for a few tokens to play enough games.

He must've been saving up his entire life for this date, I thought.