[25]: Home Invasion

new chapter! :) thank you guys for being patient with me!!

I'm almost done with the next and I wanted to upload two but ahh I know you guys wanna read so hear ya go! the next will be up tonight or tomorrow -g

make sure to vote!!! it takes 0.01 seconds :)

The rest of break wasn't very heartwarming, not that I expected it to be

The rest of break wasn't very heartwarming, not that I expected it to be. Even with the extra house guest, our family was more divided than ever.

I'd been on a mental strike for the rest of break despite Christmas and New Years. I spent Christmas with Brett's family since the minor lie we told at the dinner party became a bigger one. Just like ours, Brett's didn't have a culinary bone in his family so we ended up ordering a bunch of Chinese takeout meals. His mother and little sister were convinced we were still a couple.

Brett's sister Natalie was just like I imagined. She was almost a mini replica of Brett but red-headed. I'd only met her a few times over break, but she claimed we had to hang out another time without Brett. She was just like the sister I'd always wanted, but I was stuck with the nuisance of a big brother.

The dinner party was obviously a complete disaster, and I still refused to let myself communicate with my mother after finding out about everything.

*FLASHBACK*

Still missing my shirt, I stupidly answered the front door to see the man who'd been absent for half a decade of my life. In the midst of all the chaos, this guy's timing was perfect. Note the sarcasm.

I sat there mesmerized, taking in who was standing in front of me. He looked as surprised as I was. I hadn't seen him in five years, and as far as I was concerned, we could make it six.

I slammed the door in his face.

"Who was at the door?" Henry reappeared from God knows where.

"No one," I lied. Henry was more forgiving than I was, and I knew he'd welcome the man back with open arms. "Where's mom?"

"Where's your shirt?"

"Mom, Henry. Where is she?"

"She went to her room I think," He shrugged his shoulders.

I traced my steps back to the kitchen, throwing my shirt back on before heading to her room. Logan had practically dragged Olivia out the house and Chase followed behind. The door was wide open, and I invited myself in to see her sitting on the ground with her face buried in her hands.

Was she ashamed of me? That had to be the reason. I knew this entire thing was a bad idea. I should've never gotten myself involved with Olivia. It was all because of that stupid game. If we hadn't kissed that summer, maybe I wouldn't have caught these conflicted feelings towards her.