[26]: Not-So Fairy Godmother

me: i'm gonna update tomorrow
also me: *updates more than a week later* 😩

I'm working on another girlxgirl story too, so I hope you guys will like it! :) don't forget to vote please <3 there's so many reads but not enough votes :/

if you see any errors please let me know 🙏🏽

"You have to use red and yellow for orange, Charlotte!" Nat laughed as I mixed the wrong paint colors

"You have to use red and yellow for orange, Charlotte!" Nat laughed as I mixed the wrong paint colors. What can I say? Art was never my specialty.

It was the last day of winter break, and I had no problem spending it with Nat, especially since it meant I didn't have to stay at my house. With Brett busy studying for the SAT and his mother off to work, I had the lovely opportunity to bond with Nat as her new babysitter. Of course I had no experience with six year olds, but Natalie insisted that I keep her company.

I admired the sunsets we were painting on canvases. Nat's was beautifully crafted with different shades of orange, red, pink, and yellow. Mine however, was a big blob of gray and brown mush.

"You know what, why don't we take a break from painting? I'm sure you're hungry," I said, preventing myself from embarrassment any longer with my lack of artistic ability. "How about you, me, and Brett head out for some pizza?"

She nodded instantly, her eyes lighting up at the thought of pizza. She ran to Brett's room to get him to come along. I waited patiently for the two to return.

Suddenly, I could feel my phone buzz from my back pocket.

I'd been waiting on this text all break, but it somehow didn't feel as comforting as I imagined

After nagging on Brett to come, Nat returned with a pouty mouth. "He's not coming," She complained.

"That's alright. He has lots of work to do. We need to make a quick pit stop anyway," I said smiling, rubbing my hands through her hair.

We picked up more pizza than the two of us could eat. A pepperoni, cheese, and pineapple pizza. I figured we owed Brett some slices anyway. He was the only person I'd ever known who enjoyed pineapple on pizza. I took the pizzas to-go, allowing Nat and I to have a little play date at the park... where I also agreed to meet up Olivia.