[28]: Better Than Nothing

wow a chapter that's kind of long! :) thank you for 99k reads hehe💕

hope you guys enjoy the chapter⚡️

don't forget to v o t e ! it takes 0.00001 seconds :)

00001 seconds :)

He left me. And maybe it was my fault for having just a tad bit of faith in him. For thinking he could change.

I could feel a few raindrops, so I began to pick up my pace. It was inevitable that I could escape the rain, and I was soaked within the next two minutes.

After the longest twenty minutes of my life, I finally made it home, dragging in puddles of water at the front door.

"What happened to you?" Henry laughed as he met me at the door. It practically looked like I had been swimming for the past thirty minutes with my clothes on.

"What happened to me? What happened is that sorry excuse of a father flaked out on me!" I complained. I wanted to forgive him. I'm sure he had a good excuse, but I couldn't help but imagine the worst. He left me because he doesn't care.

"Where's mom?" I questioned.

"She left about twenty minutes ago to pick up dinner," Henry said.

"So not once did no one wonder where the heck I was?" I sighed sarcastically. "Unbelievable."

"The world doesn't revolve around you, Charlotte," Henry said, retrieving an apple from the kitchen and heading back upstairs. I could hear the taunting noise as he aggressively bit the apple.

I followed him upstairs, heading to my room. My backpack was completely soaked, so I decided to empty everything out and throw it in the laundry room. I headed back downstairs, until I heard the front door unlock.

"You will not disappoint them again," I heard my mom say. "And you're gonna tell her the truth about everything." She must've been talking to Ryan.

"Tell me the truth about what?" I asked, revealing myself from the wall as I stood at the top of the stairs.

"Hey, honey," My mom began.

"Surely you have a good excuse for abandoning me again, right?" I directed towards Ryan. "For leaving your teenage daughter to roam about the streets in the dark. Did I mention it's raining?" I added, still dressed in the soaking wet clothes I came home in.

"I-I'm sorry Charlotte," He apologized. The most pathetic apology I'd ever heard I might add, besides the ones Chase delivered to Olivia every time he cheated.

"Why did you leave me again?" I asked. There were no words coming out of his mouth. I could see a few bruises on his face from the top of the stairs. Part of me wanted to ask what happened, but I didn't.