[14]: The Birthday

Charlotte Russo, casted by Hailee Steinfield :).

Don't forget to vote as you read, it helps me a lot and makes me write more!!

I decided to not call Chase on his bluff and stayed away from Olivia.

It'd been almost a week. My birthday was tomorrow, and Olivia and I had yet to make up. Olivia and I always spent our birthdays together no matter what. This year would be different.

I had spent the entire weekend bonding with Brett. Besides, he was my boyfriend.

"I got you something," Brett said. We had just eaten lunch at a local diner and were sitting in his red Jeep.

"My birthday isn't until tomorrow, Daniels."

"I know, I just wanted to spoil you. And I know you promised, but there's no way you can spend your birthday apart from your best friend."

"I beg to differ.." I mumbled.

"You'll make up," He reassured me, now pulling two white boxes from his backseat, one bigger than the other. He opened the bigger one first.

"I know you've been feeling upset about you and Olivia lately, so I wanted to make you feel better."

"Brett," I said. In the box was a collection of open when letters. I'd always wanted to do this for someone, but I never had the skills to do it.

 I'd always wanted to do this for someone, but I never had the skills to do it

"I didn't know you were an arts and crafts person," I joked.

"My sister helped me make them," he smiled. "But you can't open them today."

I didn't know he had a sister. In fact, I didn't know a lot about Brett.

"Sister?" I asked.

"Yeah. She's in elementary school," he said.

"I've always wanted a sister," I smiled.

"Maybe sometime you can come over and meet her," he insisted.

I hadn't ever been to his house either.

"Maybe."

"Anyway, I got you something else, too." He pulled out a smaller box, clearly a piece of jewelry. When he opened it, my jaw dropped. It was a a gold necklace, clearly not the cheap kind, and 'charlie' was engraved on a circle.