[24]: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

what you've all been waiting for 👩🏽 *cue dramatic music* | thank you for 45k reads💓

also... I'm working on a new girlxgirl story! I'm really excited about it 😁 hope you guys are enjoying this one tho :)

If you see any spelling or storyline errors please let me know!! also leave comments because I love reading them 😃
don't forget to v o t e !

If you see any spelling or storyline errors please let me know!! also leave comments because I love reading them 😃don't forget to v o t e !

"Zucchini, Henry. Zucchini," I said as he handed me two cucumbers.

"Charlotte, they're the same damn thing! No one will notice. They're both green anyway," He said.

"You know what, you stay here while I go get the zucchini," I said.

Mom wouldn't be back until a few hours before the dinner party, so that left Henry and I to do the grocery shopping.

Zucchini.. zucchini, I said to myself as I scanned the vegetables.

Found ya! I attempted to reach the pile of zucchini on the vegetable stand but surprisingly, my arms were too short. Great.

"Just.. a bit... more.." I said to myself as I struggled to reach a single zucchini. Suddenly, a muscular hand reached over me, retrieving the unreachable zucchini.

"Thank you so—" I stopped at the recognizable face. That evil smirk, he was up to no good.

"You're welcome," Chase smiled with a devilish grin as he placed the zucchini in my reach.

"You know what, I can get one myself," I said. Of course I couldn't get one myself, I could barely reach the pile. But I was too stubborn. "I don't want anything you've touched."

I began climbing on the rack of vegetables, the tips of my fingers barely grasping a single zucchini.

"Except Olivia," He laughed.

The snarky comment completely caught me off guard and my foot slipped off the barrier, causing me to flop on the ground. Still no zucchini.

"Chase, go to hell," I said as I pulled myself up off the ground.

"Maybe another time. I've got plans tonight," He grinned.

"Guess who's coming to dinner?"

I rolled my eyes at the thought of him coming to my house. Some part of me knew Olivia would invite him, but I was still hoping it wouldn't happen.

Neither Mom or Henry knew about the extra dinner guest. Tonight would be a nightmare.

After Chase's full disappearance, I gave in and picked up the zucchini he lowered down for me after a few more struggles.

I'll make sure these get cleaned with bleach.

God, doesn't he have something better to do than to harass me at the grocery store?