[11]: Strike Three

Check out my other story She's Out of Our League & don't forget to vote!

"Psst!"

I had just fallen asleep nearly 3 hours ago until I heard a faint voice yearning for my attention at 3 in the morning.

I subtly ignored the voice and snuggled under my blanket even more. Then another sound came.

"Psst! Psst!"

This time it was more aggressive. I angrily shot up from my bed searching for who was ruining my beauty sleep, only being awakened by a sluggish Olivia.

"Why'd you leave me downstairs!" And she proceeded to yank the pillow from under my head and met it to my face.

I scooted over to give her room to sleep and tiredly yanked the pillow back.

"You were sleeping like a baby, I didn't want to bother you," I whispered loudly, tucking myself back into a comfort hole.

"How'd your date with Brett go?" She whispered loudly back.

"Not sure, I didn't go on a date with Brett," I said sarcastically. "Instead I spent the night passing off sesame chicken to the guy I like and my best friend!"

"Great, you're mad at me," she said.

"Asking Brett to stay over could've been the worse idea you've ever had. It even beats kidnapping a goat at the county fair!" I shouted, still maintaining a loud whisper.

"Well excuse me, I just wanted to get the boat rowing."

"Olivia, if you wanted me and Brett to have some alone time, you could've just went home. But no, leave it up to Olivia Atwood to be the most selfish person on the planet. You only wanted our company so you didn't have to be alone!"

"Are you kidding me? How is it wrong to want my best friend's comfort after a breakup?"

"That's just it! I'm always there for you Olivia. Every break up with Chase. And trust me, there's been more than you think. Everytime you and Chase break up, I'm there for you. Do you not once think of how that affects me? I blew off my great grandpa's funeral to be with you! So yeah, I have the right to be angry."

I must've hurt her feelings, because she sat in silence taking in what I had just dropped in front of her.

"Okay. You're right. I'm sorry. Maybe we just need some time apart," she added.

"Look, I don't mean to be harsh. It's just, sometimes you go too far and it seems like you only care about Olivia," I said apologetically.

She simply nodded.

"But by no means does that mean I don't want you around," I assured her. "You're my best friend, Olivia. You know I can't stay mad at you even if I wanted to."