[15]: She'll Come Around

WARNING: not a PG chapter !!🙊 don't forget to

V O T E !

"You should've just told me what's going on," Henry said

"He's your best friend."

We had just been forced to explain the situation to the principal. Henry and I both claimed that Chase started it but left out the reason why.

Chase, Henry, and Brett all got a 3 day suspension, so they'd all been sent home. I'd decided to just go home with Henry or I wouldn't have a ride later.

"I'm sorry," I said to Henry as we got in his car.

"Don't be sorry. Chase is a dick."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"It's okay."

"Chase has just been upset lately because I couldn't get him and Olivia back together," I said. Technically, it wasn't a complete lie.

The drive was short. We were finally pulling into our driveway.

"Charlotte. Wait," Henry said, stopping me as I began to get out of the car.

"You don't have to lie to me," He said.

"W-what? What are you talking about?"

"About you.. and Olivia."

I could feel my stomach begin to turn.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said.

"She'll come around."

He never exactly admitted he knew more than what I let on, but his talk did provide me with some comfort.

"Mom's gonna be home soon. I'm gonna go get dressed for dinner," I fake smiled.

We'd decided to eat dinner at a local pizza joint for my birthday. This year, it was just me, Henry, Brett, and my mom. My father was out of the picture. No doubt somewhere across the country living it up with his new family. I'm sure I'd get a happy birthday card in the mail in a few days.

Normally Olivia and Logan would join us, but this year was different. Logan sent me a happy birthday text but I still hadn't heard from Olivia.

"I never trusted that boy," My mom said referring to Chase. She was lying. Chase was a complete angel around my family, and he was one of my mom's favorites.

"Good thing Henry and Brett were there to teach him a lesson," I joked. She wasn't too upset about Henry's suspension, especially since it was in my defense.

"What was he so upset about anyway?" My mom asked.

Oh no. There was no way I could tell my mother the reason why Chase had it out for me. Especially since she was so fond of Brett. I couldn't tell her Chase thought I was in love with his girlfriend.