[10]: The B Word

I'm not sure if it was because I was in a mood or because I was truly tired, but I finally decided to take my own offer on that nap

It only seemed to last about 2 hours, as I was interrupted by Olivia's screaming voice.

"Chase, Harmony texted me about it already, so stop lying!"

Harmony was one of Olivia's so-called friends. Of course she was a cheerleader, a carbon copy of every other one on the team: blonde and bitchy.

"O, whats going on?" I asked, still trying to wake up from the nap.

"I don't want to hear it, Chase. I'm done. We're done," and she hung up the phone, letting out soft tears.

No doubt I had heard this conversation more than a hundred times, but it was my job to comfort Olivia at this time of need.

"I don't know why I keep giving him another chance," Olivia said, crying into my shoulder as I finally sat up from the bed. "He did it again!"

"What happened?" I asked, still managing to comfort her.

"Harmony said she caught him making out with another girl after school earlier," she said.

"I'm so sorry, Liv. He totally doesn't deserve you. Maybe this is a sign, all of the negativity in your life is finally leaving," I tried to cheer her up, but she just kept crying even more.

"How about we just order Chinese and binge some 90's movies?" I said, trying to cheer her up with two of her favorite things.

"C-clueless?" Her broken voice asked.

"Clueless," I said.

I grabbed Clueless and 10 Things I Hate About You then proceeded to make a call to the local Chinese restaurant to order chicken fried rice, lo mein, egg rolls, and sesame chicken: break-up essentials.

Suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring.

"Olivia, do you mind getting the door? I'm on the phone!— yes sir, 2 chicken fried rice," I bounced between conversations. After a few more minutes, I finally finished repeating the long order.

I met Olivia downstairs, only to see her on the couch with a dark haired boy.

"Oh my God, Brett," I said. I had completely forgot he was planning to come over tonight.

"It totally slipped my mind," I apologized, now realizing how much of a slob I looked like. I was dressed in a t-shirt and a pair of Olivia's sweatpants she continuously left and not to mention I had just woken up from a nap.

"It's cool, I can stop by another time," He said.

"Oka—," I was interrupted.

"No way, you're already here. Might as well stay," Olivia answered. "Besides, it's movie night!"