[23]: How To Be A Heartbreaker

would you prefer one of these guys as Brett or the original?
+
if i made a new story would you guys want it girlxgirl or girlxboy? 🤭 | thank you for 39k reads💓, also i was thinking of marina & the diamonds when i thought of this chapter name 🤩

don't forget to v o t e !

Saturday I spent the day indoors, huddled between Henry and Jayden while they played video games on the couch

Saturday I spent the day indoors, huddled between Henry and Jayden while they played video games on the couch. Surprisingly, they were becoming great friends since the cabin trip. I figured that I demolished any and all hope for the off-brand breakfast club, but I guess I was wrong.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Henry and Jayden both reached their noses quickly, playing the childish nose-goes game.

"I was gonna get it anyway, bums," I said getting up from the couch. They were too invested in their avatars on the tv screen to leave the couch.

I left to answer the door, opening it to see the last person I'd expect to show up here.

"Brett? What are you doing here?" I asked suddenly. Was he here about the other night?

He did that rub against the back of his neck, something he did every time he was nervous.

"Oh, uh. Henry and Jayden invited me over. I didn't expect you to be here," He added.

"It's my house."

"Right," He smiled.

"Do you.. do you want to come in?" I asked. He nodded.

After I let him in, we sat in silence crowding the front door.

"Brett—" I started, and he said my name at the same time. "You go first."

"Okay. Maybe I wasn't completely honest about before," He said. Anyone could've figured that out by the sweat droplets on his forehead.

"I actually came to see you."

"What's up?" I asked casually.

"It's about Olivia."

"Oh, don't worry about that. I don't know what I was even thinking calling you. I'm sorry," I apologized, even though I knew he didn't remember the conversation three nights ago.

"It's not that," He said. He began shifting his feet nervously.

As much as the thought of Olivia gave me butterflies, I wanted to hear what the man had to say.

"What's wrong, Brett?" I asked.

"She.. she's back together with Chase."

I felt an ache in my chest. I could feel my body heating up, my face getting red as water began to form in my eyes. I couldn't feel any tears come out of my eyes, only anger.