Chap. 4- Denial

Ssundee sat onto the bus, tapping his foot impatiently. Looking out the window when they pulled to Seto's bus stop, he smiled when Seto was there, waving.

"Seto, over here!" Seto sat next to him, looking around.

Where's Sky?

"He had chorus today, so he couldn't come." Ssundee looked over the brunet, spotting cuts and bruises on his face. "Jesus, Seto! What the hell happened to you yesterday?"

Oh... um... I accidentally pissed off a group of boys and got beaten up...

"That doesn't explain the cuts, though!" Ssundee pulled out a box of Kleenex, wiping any of the blood away as Seto flinched in the pain.

Tripped and landed on the gravel.

"Do you want me to walk you home? Hopefully the guys won't beat you up if I'm there."

It's okay, I'll be fine.

"C'mon, today's your official first day of school!"
_______________________________

"Seto? Would you like to introduce yourself?" Seto flinched a little, Ssundee sneaking a note over.

Go ahead. You'll be fine.

Seto swallowed, folding the note into a little neat square before going up, writing on the chalkboard.

I'm Setosorcerer, but you can call me Seto.

"Why are you writing on the board?"

I'm a mute, I can't speak.

"Would you like a different seat? Or do you want to remain next to Ssundee?"

Next to Ssundee, I still need to get adjusted.

"Thank you, Seto, for introducing yourself." Nodding, Seto erased his writing, going back and sitting down next to Ssundee. They pushed their desks together so it'll be easier to work together.

"Today we're going to learn about..."
_______________________________

"Seto, I really, really insist I walk you home."

You don't need to, I'm fine!

"Does anybody play an instrument here?" The two sat in the band room, Seto raising his hand. "What do you play, Seto?" Writing it on paper, he handed it to Ssundee, who read it out loud.

"Violin."

"Can you play something for us?"

Sure.

Taking a violin from one of the cases, Seto flipped through his mental library, selecting one of his favorite pieces. He slid the bow up and down, the melody echoing all through the room.

Ssundee was captivated, listening to the music with interest. He even took his sunglasses off, just to see Seto play. The light burned his eyes a little, but it was worth it. Whenever he took his sunglasses off, everything would snap into HD, but he was sensitive to light, like Sky.

Seto finished, lowering the bow down. The class clapped, Ssundee particularly clapping the loudest.

"Would you like to have the role of the violin section or do you want to choose a different instrument?"

Violin is fine.

Sitting back down, Ssundee leaned over.

"That was amazing."

Thanks.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Seto, I really, really, really insist." Seto shook his head, Ssundee sighing. "I know you were lying today on the bus. I can detect lies really well."

W-What are you talking about? I didn't lie.

"Seto... When I called you, there was some yelling and a loud sound, what was that? Are you okay?" Seto shuffled his feet, taking a look at the clock.

Gotta go.

"Wait! Seto, just tell me!"

I need to go! I'll see you tomorrow!

"Seto!" Ssundee tried to run after the brunet, quickly getting lost in the crowd of students. He tried standing on his tip-toes to spot the purple hood Seto always wore, but nothing stood out. "Fuck, I lost him!"

"Ian! Over here!" Sky waved, Ssundee going over. They opened one of the secret passage ways, going through the vents before popping outside. Ssundee spotted Seto hurrying along, skittering past the bus and dashing down the sidewalk.

"SETO!" Running after him, Seto looked back, face paling before muttering a few words, recieving a speed boost and running away from Ssundee's sight. "Wait!" Too late. Seto already vanished.

"Dude, what happened?"

"There's something wrong with Seto..."

"You think?" Ssundee narrowed his eyes, taking off his sunglasses and shading the light from his eyes.

Seto was running up Main Street, and took a right at the second turn. Then he took another right at the third turn.

Ssundee memorized it down, putting his sunglasses back on.

Just wait, Seto. I'm going to help you and find out what's happening, whether you like it or not.