Chap. 8- Truth

Ssundee noticed each day Seto had more and more make-up smears, seemed to limp more than walk, or had unexplained injuries more often.

He was now 100% certain there was something going on with Seto, and he didn't like it.

"Seto, I think I should walk you home today." The two were headed to gym, Seto shaking his head.

I'm fine, Ssundee.

Going to the locker rooms, Ssundee spotted Seto as usual head to the stalls. This time, he needed to find out. As Seto stepped in, Ssundee grabbed at the door and went in, Seto squeaking.

S-Ssundee? What are you-

"Take your shirt off, now." Seto shrunk back, whimpering as he held his hands at the hem. "Seto... I know there's something going on, and I want to help..."

Help... it's too late...

Seto threw his shirt onto the floor, tears pricking his eyes as he heard Ssundee's gasp.

Ssundee was horrified.

Multiple bruises and cuts lined Seto's body, black, blue, purple. Seto wiped the make-up away from his face, showing more injuries.

"Oh my Notch... Seto... What... What happened?"

I-It... It's a long story...

Quickly putting his clothes back on, Ssundee made an excuse to leave school early with Seto, when his mother scolding him he showed the injuries, her no longer asking any questions.

"Send Seto upstairs to the bathroom; a nice, long hot bath should ease the pain." Doing what she said, Ssundee prepared the bath, sighing as he saw more wounds on Seto's legs.

"Seto... what happened to you..." Taking a pencil and paper, Seto began to write.

I am living with an abusive father. After Mother and Father divorced, he won the court case of keeping me. But the divorce made him an alcoholic, so he took his anger out on me. One drunken night, he hit Mother with his car... she died after two hours. After that... things weren't the same. He spends all his money on whiskey and beer, lying drunken in the basement room. I do the chores, have to do everything perfect or a beating is guaranteed... No magic can be used, or the punishment includes magic, and those are one of the worst. One night I came home late after walking a friend home when he smashed a bottle on my head... dragged me to the bedroom... and...

Ssundee took the paper, Seto now shaking and tears flowing down. He took the paper back, scrawling on it.

raped me. He threatens to kill me if I tell anybody about the beatings and tortures, hence why I didn't tell you...

"Seto... oh my god..." Tucking the paper in his pocket, Ssundee wiped Seto's tears away. "Stay here for as long as you like; tonight you're not going back to that sick bastard."

... Okay...

Ssundee ran downstairs, showing his parents the paper, both horrified as well. Grabbing the cake recipe book, Ssundee flipped through it, putting an apron on.

He was going to bake a cake for Seto.

_______________________________

"Seto, you should report him for child abuse!"

I can't... he'll kill me if he finds out, and he's capable of doing that...

"Sick man... I can't believe it!" Ssundee heard them talking in the dining room, Seto explaining. He fixed up his injuries and kissed every bruise and scar he found, the brunet blushing and shivering under his touch. Ssundee heard the oven ding, taking out the cake and beginning to apply the frosting, making sure it was purple. Adding the finishing touches, he carefully picked it up.

"You look awfully scrawny and thin for a boy your age..."

He locks me in the closet sometimes for days without food or water.

"That's horrible!"

It's the way things worked in the house...

"Seto? I made this for you, hope you enjoy it." It was a small little cake, perfect for one person. A little plain, but cute.

You made it... for me?

"For you, love." Watching Seto eat it, Ssundee gently played with his hair, looking up. "Can he live with us, Mom?"

"Unless his father has custody of him, absolutely!"

He doesn't, forgot about it at the court case.

"You're not ever going back there, Seto." Ssundee gently rocked back and forth on the hammock outside, cradling Seto in his arms. "I'm not letting you get beaten up by him."

Ssundee... it's fine, I'm used to it...

"Nobody should go through such things like that..." Watching the star-lit sky, Seto soon fell asleep, head nestled in the crook of Ssundee's neck.

"Your eyes are beautiful..."

Ssundee blinked, looking over to Seto. But the brunet was already asleep, cuddled against him.

Seto... he just spoke again...