A/E- 2: Seto Dies, Ian Lives

"Come on, come on..." Flipping of pages, books dropped onto the floor, quiet mumbling, Seto was hurrying to find the ritual spell.

But there was no ritual to revive one person from the dead.

Seto bit his lip, exhausted from staying up late and not eating or drinking often.

He just wanted Ian back.

Taking a shower, getting a meal, he went down his list of spells instead, mental list. There was one. At the cost of his own life.

He can give his life energy to Ian, so Ian will live... but then, he's dead.

Seto sighed. Would Ian... Would Ian be able to live without him? But Sky, his parents, the group, and the school really liked him, the friend maker...

And he wasn't anything. Just a sorcerer with a horrible homelife.

Seto fixed himself up, going back to the library and fetching Ian's body. Setting it on the bed, Seto lit up his hand, taking a deep breath.

Ian... Ian was more important for now. He can always take the energy back while doing this.

Curling up beside Ian, Seto began transferring his life energy, feeling weaker every bit that passed into Ian.

"S-Seto?"

How I missed that voice...

"Seto, what are you doing?!" Pushing Seto away, Seto flinched, Ian yelping in pain due to not having enough energy. "I-I can't steal your life!"

"B-But... I-I..."

"I can't, why would you make me take your life energy? Then it makes it that I killed you!" Seto felt tears welling up in his eyes, falling down onto the floor. He looked down, Ian immediately wanting to take everything back. "W-Wait, I didn't-"

"It feels like my father is abusing me 24/7 with you gone." Ian widened his eyes, Seto looking back at him with tear-filled eyes. "Every second is hurt, every minute is pain, every hour is agony, every day is excruciating. You were my life energy. And now that you're gone... I can't do anything but cry every night. Please... Please, Ian... Please..."

"S-Seto, I..." Ian looked down at the bed, wondering how it'll be like waking up without Seto's sweet face there, smiling back up at him with a little good morning coming out.

But this Seto, this Seto needed to put to rest. Something to make him feel at peace.

"... Come here." Letting Seto continue, Ian wouldn't stop stroking his hair, kissing his cheeks, forehead, nose, lips, whispering sweet words, everything. Just their final moment together. "Seto... promise me you'll be at peace."

"I promise."

"Promise me you'll visit me in my dreams."

"I promise."

"Promise me... that this is what you want. Not because I'm more important, or more useful." Seto caressed Ian's cheek, the two lying on the bed together.

"I promise. You did the right thing, Ian. I'll be happier this way, free from pain." Transferring the last bit, Seto felt himself growing sleepy. Ian held him close, feeling himself crying. "You did... the right thing..."

"P-Promise me you'll be waiting for me."

"I promise."

"I-I love you."

"I love you too." Pressing into a final kiss, Seto smiled softly, reaching up and feeling Ian's hair. Ian smiled weakly, letting him savor last moments.

I'll be waiting for you.

Seto gave a soft, content sigh, eyes closing in an endless sleep. Ian held onto him, feeling tears streaming down his cheeks.

But he knew Seto was at peace now. Happily with his mother.

__________

"I'll be here waiting, take your time." Ian nodded.

"Thanks, Sky." Sky patted his back.

"You did the right thing, Ian."

"I know, but... not waking up to him anywhere, is... strange."

"I wouldn't like to lose Ty forever too..." Going to the graveyard, Ian felt his feet going wherever. He just knew.

"Hey Seto, hello Ms. Sorcerer." Setting down two bouquets of flowers, Ian smiled sadly. "The weather has been wonderful the past few days, spring has came. Flowers, trees, it's all very pretty. I hope it's the same for you, hopefully you two are together now, happy.

Everybody was sad to hear you go, Seto, but they understand you needed to leave this world. I hope you are happy, wherever you are. And me? I'm been fine, the first few weeks were a bit tough... But I know you were there, supporting me through every trial. Sometimes, I think that you're there, just watching over me... heh, that's what I did for you. I hope you're happy, with your mother, and finally at peace.

Ms. Sorcerer? I hope it's going wonderfully for you, having your son back. He was the perfect person for this world, he sacrificed his life for me, only a random person. I hope you're happy, and that you're at peace as well." Standing up, Ian wiped the tears that was going down his face. "I'll see you two soon, it's been nice talking to you." Walking down the gravel path, Ian felt something wrap around him, chuckling.

You forgot to give me your goodbye kiss!

"Sorry, Seto." Turning around, he felt himself smile softly at Seto, who floated in front of him.

See me again, okay?

"Promise." Giving a little kiss, they smiled, parting ways. Sky looked up as Ian left the graveyard.

"Ready to go?" Ian smiled, feeling Seto give him a little push.

"... Yeah. I'm ready." Getting into the car, Ian knew Seto was watching over him.

He knew he would be reunited with Seto one day. But now, live life to its fullest, and let Seto experience with him.

Cause Seto was always watching over him, and Ian was grateful.

I love you.

I love you too.