Chap. 9- I'll Protect You

"SETO!" Seto widened his eyes, shooting up from his bed. He... He was outside in a hammock... with Ssundee- "THERE YOU ARE!"

No... please... S-Ssundee...

"THAT LITTLE SHIT PROMISED YOU NOTHING! HAHAHA! PROMISED HE'LL MAKE SURE YOU NEVER GET BEATEN UP? I'M YOUR FATHER, SETO. AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR PUNISHMENT IS?"

... S-Ssundee... w-where is he...

"SSUNDEE! COME IN HERE." Seto gasped as Ssundee strolled in, a smirk on his face.

"Why hello there, Seto."

S-Ssundee? What are you-

Seto yelped as Ssundee slapped him hard on the cheek, a smug grin on his face.

"Did you actually believe I loved you, I loved this piece of crap?" Kicking his side, Seto sobbed, Ssundee dragging him to the bathroom and sticking his head in the tub full of water. "You're so naive, Seto! I called up your father, and you're going to get double beatings if you don't do things right!"  Letting Seto get some air, Ssundee threw him over to the wall, laughing.

"SETO!" The brunet snapped his eyes awake, Ssundee looking at him with worried eyes. "You started screaming and sobbing... Was it a nightmare?"

S-Ssundee... Ssundee...

"Do you to talk about it?" Holding Seto close, Ssundee tried to confort him as the younger one sobbed in his chest, incredibly shaken up. His handwriting was shaky and messy, and Seto's handwriting never goes messy.

I was back at my father's house, and he woke me up. You weren't there, and I asked where you were... T-Then... you came in... beat me up... and said you never loved me...

The writing trailed off, Seto sobbing hysterically and dampening Ssundee's shirt. The older one read it, eyes wide.

"I love you... I love you so much..." Dropping the paper, Ssundee held Seto close, whispering sweet and comforting words. "Don't listen to the dream... I'll protect you..."

S-S-Ssundee...

"Let's get some breakfast, I'll make you a little cake again." Smiling, Ssundee carried Seto down, the brunet only sniffling. Making scrambled eggs and bacon, Seto ate it slowly as Ssundee made the cake, popping it into the oven.

Your cooking is really good...

"My dad did own a restaurant before, heh heh. Did you ever have a breakfast like this?"

...Sometimes I don't even eat breakfast... It's just run out as soon as possible so my father won't beat me up...

"Seto... Had you ever had a proper lunch? Dinner?"

I just lived with the lunch you provided to me everyday since you found out I don't eat lunch... If my father isn't around, I sneak something from the fridge.

Ssundee looked over Seto's body, noticing how skinny he was, scrawny, one might call it.

"You're never going back to that place... I swear to Herobrine."

Ssundee... I really appreciate how you took me in...

Putting his fork down on the finished plate, Seto stood up to take it over when Ssundee swiped the plate and took it to the sink.

If I'm living here, then it's only sensible I do something!

"You're healing up and no, you are not doing any chores around the house." Ssundee softened, gently kissing Seto's forehead. "Mom and Dad do the chores. Relax and heal up."

But...

"No buts. Can I see you do magic again?" Seto cracked a smile, Ssundee smiling back. "You look cuter smiling." Blushing, Seto snapped his fingers, a little flame dancing around. Snapping three times, the flame extinguished into water, Seto not letting a single drop hit the cloth before he made it evaporate into the air.

"Beautiful." Taking him out on a walk, Seto suddenly flinched, whimpering.

It was those guys that beat me up after-school...

"Hey shrimp! Got yourself a friend?" They snickered, going over. Ssundee glared, stepping protectively in front of Seto.

"You're first going through me before him." They shrugged, going for his sunglasses.

Ssundee stuck his foot out, tripping one before punching another guy, socking one in the jaw before kicking another. They lied in a little pile, groaning.

"Now stay away from Seto!" Walking back, Ssundee gently carassed Seto's terrified face. "I'll protect you."

I'll protect you with my life.