Chapter One: A Good Death

Chapter 1: A Good Death

 I was sitting in my tree, reading 'Of Mice and Men', when I heard it...a terrified scream. My wolf was pushing to get out of the iron cage I had put her in. She wanted to take control, she was panic-stricken. She wanted to hurt whoever made the person scream. Why? It was like she was longing or remembering something. She was nostalgic.

I felt my heart flip and beat at deadly rate as I waited for the next high pitched scream. I felt sick waiting. Why did I fell this way?

 Avery please, let us help her. She will be a part of our life one day! Please? We will love her like she was our own! We need to help her! My wolf Morrigan howled at me nudging at the cage door. I trusted my wolf with my life. She was my best friend and I loved her. She was strong and brave but I am weak. We are different but the same. We are two sides of the same coin!

 Morrigan why? I asked worry filling my thoughts. I hated to leave my homely tree.

 Avery, trust me. I would never put you in danger in less it was needed. Please help her...she needs us. With that I jumped from the tall tree and changed to my pure white wolf's form. I ran leaving my ripped clothes by my tree. That was my last set. I sigh as I ran as fast as Morrigan would go. She was fast but today she was faster.

 Why are you going so fast? I couldn't help but ask.

 They will kill her in less we go. I heard their thoughts.

 Who's?

 The hunters! I heard crying as I scrambled nearer to the screams. It was a girl's trembling cries. She was screaming

 "Please don't hurt me! I've done nothing to you! Please..." She cried making my wolf frenetic with boiling hot rage as she ran. We must have been a few seconds away from the girl...my heart drumming against my chest like the sound of the drums of war. A lump forming in my throat as my vision filled crimson.

 My wolf leaped. We landed just in front of the girl. We growled a warning to the hunters to back off. They back off; I could see the fear washing over their eyes but why?

 We circled around the girl as we watched the hunters make their plans. I could see their minds ticking away in front of me. The girl was small, around ten in age. She had red hair and had twinkling blue eyes. She was crying as her little form shook. She watched me in fear as we circled.

 She must think we are here to harm her...what should we do? I asked Morrigan.

 We will deal with that later first we must deal with the hunters. They had started to slowly move their way to us like snakes waiting to bite their prey. We growled again but this time they found it funny. I and wolf wanted nothing more than to rip their heads off! We moved to our attacking stance; there were four hunters and one of me. My wolf was not big headed or anything but she knew we could take them if they didn't have guns.