Meanings

All the names in my story mean something. I thought I would give you the names and the meanings. I will add names as the story goes on. So come back and check if you want to know what a name means. It may link to the story...

The web site I got the meaning from:  http://pagannames.witchipedia.com/celtic/p/7

Avery is a name of both French and English origin. It means "Elf council". It doesn't really have anything to do with the story apart from the fact she lives in the woods like an elf. I love this name so I put it in.

The Morrigan is a three-fold War Goddess of Celtic lore. The name Morrigan comes from the Irish Mhor Rioghan meaning "great queen". Again I love this name.

Rohanna is a feminization of the name Rohan best known from the Tolkien series, meaning "horse land" in the literary world of Lord of the Rings. It is also a Sanskrit name meaning "healing medicine" and it is also a Gaelic name meaning "red haired". I'm a lord of the rings fan if you haven't seen my profile ;))

The name Fionnoula is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "fair shouldered".

-Turlough is a boy's name of Irish origin. It means "one who aids or assists". Good name for a beta don't you think? ;))

Ryan is a Gaelic name meaning "little king"

Aaron Mountain of strength (not from that web site)

Darcy is a modern variant of Dorcha meaning "darkness". The colour of his coat.

Rafela meaning' healer' Hebrew. (http://www.mybaby.net.au/babynames_meaning/meaning/healer/1)

 Misty is an English name referring to misty weather. Her wolf's coat is the colour of grey mist.

Finn is a name of Irish origin meaning "fair headed". The name is derived from one of the most famous heroes of Irish mythology Fion Mac Cool.

Gracey meaning grace it comes from England..

I'll add more as the story goes on.