Chapter Three: Keeping Sane

Chapter 3: Keeping Sane

Ryan's POV

She can't die I wouldn’t let that happen! Was all that went round in my head as I ran back to the pack house with Rohanna, Turlough and Aaron running be hide at a slower pace.

They didn't understand what was going on but I did. I need to get her back to the house. I sent orders to the pack doctor, Rafela. She was ready.

I was scared I was going to lose her. I had been waiting since I first learnt of mates! I was not going to lose her just as I found her. She was mine to protect and love and this happened. Pain set in my heart as we neared the pack house that was deep in the forest away from humans.

My wolf, Darcy wanted to get out and kill the hunters again. They had not only taken my baby sister but they harmed my soul mate...the girl.... Avery, who was nearly dead for saving my sister, why, she didn't even know her?

I ran past everyone as I went to my room. I laid Avery on my crisp, white sheets on my bed as Rafela entered the room and looked her over.

Rafela was tanned and very tall. She had pure black hair that ran down her back in waves. She was in her late twenty's. She was the only female pack doctor that I knew about. Pack doctors were born to be a pack doctor like and Alpha was born to be an Alpha. It normal ran in families. Rafela's mother was the last pack doctor and her Grandmother before her.

"How is she?" I asked wanting to know if she was okay fear bubbling to the surface as I watched Rafela check Avery’s heart beat.

"Is she ...." She asked not looking up from my mate as did more checks. I paced around my room running my shaky hand through my black hair.

"Yes! How is she!?" I snapped and I watched her flinch before saying

"Er... she has broken two ribs, three bullet wounds....and a lot of blood loss. Her wolf has stopped the bleeding but she can't heal her in till the bullets are out, they’re sliver of course typical hunter weapon. So her wolf has put her in a coma to reduce anymore damage being done. When wolves are in danger they take complete control, they don't even know they are doing it. Once I have the bullets out her wolf can start to heal her but I don't know when she will wake up!" Rafela explained to me in a soft, almost motherly tone.

"Will she die?" I voiced my own fear.

"I don't think so but I need you to leave. Your wolf will not like what I am going to do to her to save her. He will want to stop me Ryan and then she will die!" she said in a hash tone.

"Yeah, come on Ryan!" Turlough said pulling me away when he entered the room moments ago.

"I'll stay with her Ryan!" Rohanna said to me smiling her bright but somehow sad smile. I nodded before being pulled out by Turlough and Aaron. I took one last look at my mate wishing and willing for her to heal quickly so we could start our life together.

I sighed deep before Rohanna closed the door puzzling at me.  I threw myself onto the floor leaning my head against the wall and closing my green eyes.

“Hey man, you okay?” Turlough’s normally monotone voice made me open my eyes to take in what he looked like. His hair was messy like always but his eyes were blood shot and puffy. His skin was pale compared to mine and mainly he looked tried.

“Yeah better than you” I commented as he chuckled. We sat in silences before I asked “Is this what happens when you lose your mate?” I asked him.

“I wouldn’t know, I didn’t lose her she didn’t need me” he said in a bitter tone that was broken and rough like he was trying to stop himself from crying. “If anything you should ask your father; he’s the only werewolf to survive losing their mate.” He said rubbing his eyes.

“It’s good to see you out that room” I commented after a while.

“Yeah well the daylight fucking hurts your eyes” he chuckled humourlessly.

“Rohanna means something to you, doesn’t she?” I asked “you haven’t been out of that room for a year!”

“She’s like my sister she kept me somewhat sane” Turlough said sighing as she ran his hand through his hair.

“She that affect on people” I commented remember when my mother died in childbirth with her and this little baby Rohanna somehow kept my father sane.

I was glad Turlough was trying to come to terms with being rejected by his mate, well it wasn’t really rejection; I didn’t really know what happened in London that day to be fair.

I just hope that my mate won’t rejected me I didn’t want to end up like my best friend; broken and depressed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I hoped you like it! Thank you for like my story! It means a lot.

Fan, Comment and Vote Please?

Sorry for any mistakes! I shall write more soon!! Tell me what you think!!

AbbieSmith0

xxx