BasicallyIDoToonz- Sick Day

Requested by amdivis06!

Luke's POV

I slowly opened my eyes to see the blurry morning sun coming through the window. My muscles ached from not moving for hours. I stretched and rolled over expecting to see my boyfriend Marcel by my side, but there was just an empty space. A loud clang came from downstairs so I assumed he was making breakfast. My lips curled up into a smile. I ripped the covers off my sheet and shivered from the sudden cold air. Forcing myself out of bed, I went downstairs.

When I entered the kitchen my mouth opened in shock. There, in the middle of the kitchen, stood a pale and shaking Marcel. When he noticed I had entered he turned around and reached into the cupboard. Only one thought went through my mind. He's sick.

"Babe, you don't look to good," I simply said and moved over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Don't worry, 'm fine," He replied.

I frowned, "You don't sound or look fine."

"Did you just call me ugly?"

I rolled my eyes, "No I mean you look and sound terribly sick. Now go sit down on the couch and let me get the thermometer."

He groaned, "I'm seriously okay."

"I don't care if you think you're okay because I know you aren't. So, please, go sit down."

Marcel huffed but went into the living room and sat down anyways. I smiled and opened the medicine cabinet. After a minute of searching I found the cold thermometer behind some Tylenol. I went into the living room to find Marcel laying on the couch with his eyes closed.

I spoke softly, "Hey, I need to take your temperature now."

His eyes fluttered open as he sat up, "Open your mouth," I told him.

He smirked, "That's what he said."

I laughed making Marcel smile. He opened his mouth slightly so I put the thermometer under his tounge. A beep came from the thermometer signaling it got his temperature. I grabbed the thermometer and gasped at the temperature.

"You have a fever of 101.7 degrees and you said you were fine and okay?"

He shrugged, "I didn't feel that sick."

I sighed and wrapped him into a hug, "You're supposed to tell me if you feel sick at all."

He hugged me back with a sigh. I pulled away and quickly kissed his cheek, "Stay here. I'm going to get some pillows and blankets."

"I have nowhere to go. I'm sick," Marcel stated, rubbing his eyes.

I got up and went upstairs. A small closet at the end of the hallway was packed with spare blankets and pillows, so I grabbed as many as I could carry. It was difficult to see but somehow I made it down the stairs. A gasp came from in front of me. I smirked and dropped everything onto Marcel.

"I hate you," He mumbled and went into a coughing fit.

Quickly, I made my way to Marcel and patted his back. When he calmed down I noticed his breathing was jagged. I tried to figure out as to why but remembered the amount of pillows and blankets on him. Marcel started to move the mountain of pillows and blankets off him but was struggling. I moved them all onto the floor except for a soft pillow and a bed sheet.

"Thank you," His voice was hoarse.

"No need to thank me. Now, lay down and try to get some rest, okay?"