Minicat- Eons

I'm sorry I've been so slow with updates. Life's been a bitch and I've been completely exhausted and outta ideas for my writing. I hope you enjoy this really short and crappy oneshot anyways. 

Tyler's POV

Horns from cars rang throughout the busy streets of New York accompanied by  the mesmerizing lights shimmering in the air. The sky was permanently lit up from the busy city below it. A cold wine glass rested in between my fingers as I leaned over the balcony slightly. I took a sip of the red wine and then set it on the glass table beside me.

I'd seen better sights in all the centuries I've lived through, yet none of them ever felt like home like it does here. That's possibly why I decided to stay here for the amount of time I have. My limbs felt stiff from being in the same position so I stretched out tiredly before deciding to head to the bar. Besides, you should never drink alone when you're feeling lonely.

I reached over and grabbed the wine glass before heading back inside. My cat, Snow, rubbed against my leg as I shut the back door. I cooed at her lovingly and set the wine glass on the kitchen counter, noting to wash it later. I took a quick glance at my appearance in the mirror and ruffled my hair around a bit to make it look perfect. Then I grabbed my wallet and headed out onto the busy streets.

Cool air lightly brushed my face as I left my penthouse-sized apartment. I've had multiple lifetimes to acquire wealth so living in an apartment of such size didn't do much damage to my finances. The work I did also brought in a lot of money, which obviously helped a lot too. 

The streets were easier to maneuver through than I first imagined they would be- I originally imagined I'd be stuck in a sea of people- since not many people were out. I arrived at a small bar faster than I first expected. Once I pushed open the door a bell chimed causing all the heads in the place to turn towards me. Most of the guys looked rough, almost as if they were in a gang. The other guys were seeming to flirt with the ladies who gawked over them. Two guys sitting at the bar caught my eye, though.

One of the guys had his back towards me and was talking to another guy who was very eye-catching. His brown hair was pushed back and neat. He had casual clothing on, so it didn't seem like he was trying to impress anyone. The freckles dusted on his cheeks seemed to sparkle. Yet, the best part about him was his beautiful eyes that sparkled with joy, covered by his glasses. 

A playful grin formed on my lips as I made my way over in their direction and sat on the empty stool next to him. The bartender who was previously cleaning a wine glass with a rag, came over to me.

He looked me up and down and smiled, "What can I get ya'?" his name tag read 'Robert'.

I quickly licked my lips, "Just a beer."

Robert flashed a grin at me, "Great choice."

I tapped the bar counter with my fingers and watched Robert take off the lid of the beer with ease. He then proceeded to slide the beer over to me as I payed for the drink. I grabbed the beer making my hands slightly wet from the condensation on the glass. I put the bottle up to my lips and took a drink, feeling a warm burn down my throat.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the handsome stranger staring at me but quickly turned to his friend who was whispering something to him. I payed no mind to the conversation and rested my right elbow on the table while continuing to slowly drink. Soon after, someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned and saw it was the guy sitting next to me.

"Hey," he spoke.

I smiled, seeing he was nervous, "Hi."

"So what brings you here?" he asked.

"Oh, just wanted to get out of the house for a bit and have a drink. What about you?"

"My friend Brian over there," he pointed to the guy sitting next to him who was now talking to another man, "dragged me here. I'm not complaining though because I've gotten free drinks out of it."

I nodded and stuck out my hand, "I'm Tyler."

He grabbed my hand and shook it, "Craig."

"Well, Craig, are you up for a game of pool?"

For half an hour Craig and I played a game of pool and I ended up winning by a mile. He pouted adorably so I patted him on the back and then wrapped my arm around his shoulders. He rolled his eyes and smiled before pushing my arm off him.

"Hey, I was just trying to comfort you from that embarrassing loss."

Craig lightly punched my shoulder, "Shut up."

I moved over and moved closer to his face, "Make me."

He blushed slightly and whispered, "Sorry, I don't kiss on the first date."

I took a small step back, "So this is a date now?"

Craig's face went even an even darker shade of red at his mistake. A light chuckle escaped my mouth as I shook my head slightly. He was now looking at me, obviously not expecting that reaction from me.

"I was hoping it was a date, idiot," I stated.

He became relieved and smiled, "Don't call me an idiot."

"Sorry I only speak the truth," I got another punch for that remark. 

After another drink at the bar Craig and I decided to walk around the city while it was peaceful. I'd already seen the lights of this city and everything else it had to offer but it felt different with Craig. Just him being beside me make the whole walk feel different. He made me feel something I hadn't felt for centuries.

"So, you're a warlock right?" Craig spoke softly.

I couldn't hide my surprise and turned my head to him, "How'd you know?"

"I didn't until we came outside. I'm not sure why I'm only just now sensing you're a warlock."

"So how do you know about warlocks?" I asked.

"I'm a fairy. I know about everything," he replied simply.

I raise an eyebrow, curious, "You're a fairy and you still want to go out with me; a warlock?"

"Yeah pretty much."

"Isn't that, like, forbidden for you to do?"

He hummed, "Yes, but I've never been one to follow rules."

I grabbed Craig's hand and stopped him, "Well lucky for you, I don't follow rules either."

Craig pulled me closer to him and kissed me gently. I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his waist. His arms wrapped around my neck making the kiss deeper. I pulled away and looked into his eyes for a second before kissing him once again, rougher than our first kiss. My hands rested on his hips and his hands lightly grabbed the end of my hair. We pulled away again, out of breath.

I grabbed his hand and whispered in his ear, "Why don't we head to my place so we can do more things you don't do on a first date?"

Craig's face went bright red once again and he smirked, "Lead the way."