Brohm- Late

Bryce's POV

"And stay out you piece of shit!"

My mothers words rang through me head as I replayed that moment over and over in my mind. I had finally told my mom I was gay and she didn't respond as I thought she would. She screamed, hit, and even spit on me before she kicked me out for good. The tears in the corner of my eyes built up as I walked nowhere in particular. My boss, Greg, had told me if things went south with my mother I could stay with him, so I knew where I was going later. For now I just wanted to walk.

I wasn't sure how long I had been walking for, but it must've been awhile because I had arrived at the park. My bosses house wasn't far from here so I figured I'd wonder around for awhile. I stared at the lush green leaves and beautiful blossomed roses. Although everything was astonishing, nothing quite took my breath away like the man I saw sitting on a park bench.

His brown eyes sparkled with joy and content. He had short brown hair that I was tempted to run my fingers through. I wasn't sure as to why, but everything about him is so interesting and beautiful. My heart wanted to talk to him but nerves got the best of me and I continued making my way to my Greg's house.

When I arrived at the familiar light blue house I became nervous. I had doubts that he would actually let me in, even though he had promised he would. The reasonable part of me knew I'd be fine and he would let me in, but my anxiety tried to block out my reasonable side. I definitely didn't want to return home, not like I could anyways, so I finally walked up to his door and rang the doorbell.

Within second Greg opened the door and I smiled sheepishly. I was embarrassed for seeming so desperate that I had to stay with my own boss. He smiled kindly and moved out of the way so i could come in. It was sad that he didn't even have to ask why I was here. I stepped into the house and looked at Greg.

"Thank you," my voice came out hoarse and deep.

Greg looked at me empathetically, "Don't mention it. I know what it's like."

I decided not to press on and ask him about what has happened to him before. Greg shut and locked the door and then told me to follow him. I listened and followed him throughout the small house. A few days ago I had been here to talk about things at my home with him. We talked in his living room, which is right by the front door, so I didn't really get to see his whole house until now.

"You can stay in this room for now," he spoke while opening the door to an average size guest room.

The walls were bare and painted a dark red color. The bed had a black duvet and two black pillows lying neatly on top. A small window facing the bed brought little rays of light into the room. The only other thing there was a small, dark, oak dresser. The thought of having to return home and get my things suddenly haunted my mind. I didn't want to go back there ever again but I certainly needed my clothes and the other miscellaneous items that belong to me. My lips pursed up slightly before falling to a tight straight line on my face.

"Thank you," I repeated without turning to him.

A hand rested on my shoulder, "Seriously, you don't need to thank me for anything. If anything it's nice to have a roommate. Now why don't you get some rest, okay?"

I simply nodded my head and entered the room with my back still turned to him, "Just yell if you need something," Greg stated simply before shutting the door.

My body practically collapsed onto the bed. It was softer and comfier than I first thought it would be. I rolled over so my back was pressed up against the bed and my head rested on one of the pillows. My hands gripped at the duvet as tears slipped out of my eyes that were now squeezed tightly together. I exhaled with a shaky breath and brought my left arm over my eyes. It wasn't long until I fell asleep, completely clothed and atop of the silky duvet.