Terrornuckle- Forever

Brian's POV

Today, out of any other day, the rain decided to pour onto the world. I reached a trembling hand to my car door, already drenched to the bone. I sat down and let silent tears fall down my cheeks. My phone dinged in my suit pocket, notifying me that I received a message, but I hesitated to grab it.

Once I had stopped crying I pulled my phone out. I had gotten a message from Tyler asking if I was okay, for the tenth time today. My hands quickly typed a reply, reassuring him I was fine and on my way. I set my phone back down and turned it on silent. I didn't want to talk to anyone else until I had arrived.

The engine of my car started up with a soft roar. Every part of me was conflicted with emotions, so I hid a blank it all with an external blank expression. Slowly I pulled out of, what used to be ours, but is now only my driveway. Once I was backed out entirely I put the car into forward drive and cruised down the road. 

The drive was only relevantly short which was a positive, but also negative, thing. I parked my car and didn't rush to get inside which, as a result, caused the rain to soak me even more. My body felt numb at this point, and not just because of the rain.

Each step I took inside that building made me grow weaker and weaker until I was tired. More tired than I had ever felt before. I sighed and partially excepted my fate. With one smooth motion I opened the double doors in front of me, causing all the heads in the room to turn to my direction.

Everyone was silent. The aura in the room was eerie and the amount of despair was overwhelming. I took note that everyone had showed up, not one person he cared about was missing.

He.

My heart panged in my chest just merely thinking about him. The pang only became worse when I saw the dark oak casket at the back of the room.

I realized I hadn't moved an inch when I saw Craig make his way over to me. He put his hand on my shoulder, reassuringly, and guided me to the front of the room. Everyone moved out of the way and let me through, so I could see him.

When I did see his body laying there, seemingly peacefully, I almost broke down crying then and there.

"Hey Brock," my words echoed throughout the church.

I swallowed the lump in my throat that I knew would come back, "I wish you were here. Well, I guess you are but not in the way I'd like you be."

A hand rested on my shoulder, "Listen, I..." I paused. "I'm so sorry. I know that night wasn't the ideal night you wanted, but it could've been worse."

"Brian-," Evan tried to speak.

"I know I wasn't the best husband. I could've treated you better. You could've been happier with someone else. But, you chose me," my vision went blurry. "I know if you were... alive right now you would scold me and tell me that I was the only one you wanted to be with. So for you, I'll try to believe that."

A few muffled cries came from behind me, "I guess the only thing I have to say now is that I love you and I'll never stop loving you. I hope that when I pass we'll finally be together again. We'll just have to wait."

I couldn't take it anymore. The emotions I built up broke and I balled my eyes out. Arms wrapped around me and I didn't have the energy or will to push them away. I tried to stop the sobs erupting from my mouth but the kept escaping. With shaky legs, I stood up and tried to stay calm. Once I stopped crying I stood and let everyone talk about Brock. It was hard to not have a meltdown once again, but I kept collected.

Soon I had to return home. I felt like walking, and almost did, but Lui and David made sure I didn't and told me to tell them when I was home. It felt nice to have people who cared about me, even if I couldn't express I was grateful for their kindness.