DaithiDeCalibre- Sand and Stars

(Sorry for not updating in so long!! I've been so busy 😰. Enjoy.)

Lui's POV

"C'mon Lui! What's taking so long?" my boyfriend David shouted to me.

I laughed, "I'll be there in a minute, I just need to find my sunglasses!"

It was about seven in the afternoon on a warm Sunday, so David and I decided to go to the beach. On any other day we would have stayed home and watch whatever movies were on, but it was nice outside so we couldn't resist going to the beach.

I found my my white-rimmed sunglasses with rainbow tinted lenses and rested them on the middle of my nose. The click of my sandals hitting my heel echoed throughout the quiet house. A tie-dye bag with my items for the beach was sitting by the steps at the top of the staircase. I swiftly leaned over and grabbed the bag before preceding to go downstairs.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw David standing by the front door, "Ready?" he asked.

I smiled, "Ready."

The beach is relevantly close to our house but David and I had decided to drive anyway. We had considered walking but disregarded the idea soon after making it; deciding we wouldn't want to walk back afterward. I messed with the radio until I was content with the song playing through the car speakers.

"Ugh, there's no really good music on the radio anymore," David complained.

I shrugged, "Some of the songs are okay, most of them are trash though."

"Agreed."

The light blue waves of the ocean came into view a few minutes later, making a grin grow on my face. I've always loved every aspect of the ocean, from the soft sound of waves crashing against the shore to the feeling of the soft sand in-between your toes. It's just peaceful and makes you feel at home.

David grinned, "Welp, we're here," he said as he parked the car.

"No duh, Einstein. Now let's go!"

I quickly unhooked my seatbelt and opened the car door. I reached down and grabbed my bag laying next to my feet before exiting the car. The smile on my face grew brighter and I stared in awe at the ocean in front of me.

"Wow," David spoke.

I turned my head to face him and noticed he was staring at me. My cheeks went warm from the realization that he wasn't astonished by the ocean.

I tried playing cool, "Yeah, the ocean is pretty beautiful."

He chuckled, "You already know I wasn't saying wow because of the ocean."

I blushed even more, "Whatever, let's go."

David continued giggling as we made our way over to the crystal blue water. As we walked through the sand, I noticed that no one else was at the beach. I was curious as to why, since it's a nice day outside, but there was no answer for my observation.

We sat down our bags onto the sand and relished the view for a few more moments. It had been awhile since we had been to the beach, even though I adore it, so we needed some time to just enjoy the moment.

I turned to David, "So what do you want to do first?"

He replied almost immediately, "Well since you seem to enjoy the ocean itself so much, we should go swimming for a bit."

I took his hand into mine and made my way towards the ocean to tell him I agreed. Without hesitation I stepped into the water. It was a bit cold, but I didn't mind. David, on the other hand, was very careful whilst getting in the ocean.

"Don't be just a big baby!" I shouted in my squeaker voice.

He giggled slightly and then whined, "But it's cold!"

I sighed overdramatically before making my way to him. I grabbed my hand and smiled to comfort him. He was about to say something before I pulled his body into the ocean. The unexpected force dragged him, along with me, under the water.

My head shot up above the waves and I erupted in laughter. David burst up beside me and glared at me, playfully. 

"I hate you," he said, trying to sound angry.

I smirked, "You love me."

He gave in and smiled, "Yeah, I do."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into a kiss. I rolled my eyes at how much of a romantic he is, then kissed him back. We swam in the ocean for a bit more. At one point David managed to go very far out in the ocean, so far in fact, that I couldn't see him. I panicked for a minute until I saw him attempting to swim over to me.

Later we wandered on the shore, collecting small seashells. I had a plastic bottle I brought from home that I filled with sand. I enjoyed keeping a bottle from every time I went to the ocean, as a souvenir almost.

"Woah," David spoke randomly.

I turned to see what he was looking at and saw the sun perfectly split in half by the horizon. The sky was a pastel pink and orange mixed in with a cyan color. The waves made the color shimmer on the surface. 

"It's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you," David held my hand.

I shook my head slightly, "I'm not beautiful."

He grabbed my face, gently, and turned it towards his, "Yes you are, and don't believe otherwise.

I could only smile and lean my head against his arm. We stayed like for awhile until we decided to sit and watch the sun set fully. It only took about thirty minutes until a bright star appeared in the sky.

I smile and whispered, "Star light, star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might. Have this wish I wish tonight."

David turned to me, "Where did you hear that from?

"My mom would say it to me each night before I went to bed. I'm not sure where it came from. A book, probably."

"It's beautiful."

"Mhm."

More stars appeared in the sky and before we new it, the sun was completely gone. The cold night wind brushed against my skin, making me shiver.

David wrapped his arm around me, "Let's go home."

"Okay," I replied with a yawn.

He stood up and reached his hand out so I could grab it. I gladly took his hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. We walked back to his car, with the light from the stars glowing on the world. In that moment I felt invincible and most importantly, I felt content with everything. I smiled and couldn't wait to get back home. Back to our home.