Brohm- Light

A/n- sorry this is just a very short and bad oneshot I wanted to write :P

Bryce's POV

I slammed my front door, completely out of breath. Tears were streaming down my face with loud sobs escaping my lips. My legs gave out and I collapsed against the wooden door. I grabbed  the front of my hair making the palms of my hands over my eyes. Maybe I'm overreacting. Probably not.

A ringing came from my coat pocket. I sighed and forced myself to stop crying. My hands, now wet with my own tears, reached into my pocket and grabbed out my phone. It was Luke. I took a deep breath and put a smile on my face.

"Hey Luke!" I tried to say sounding enthusiastic.

"Hey Bryce. I have a question for you."

My face fell, "What is it?"

Luke paused, "Do you know what happened to Ryan?"

A tear rolled down my cheek, "No, why?"

He sighed, "Bryce," his voice was serious. "I already know. Stop acting so damn happy."

More tears poured out and the joy left my voice, "So he called and told you?"

"No, he came to my house. He's still here, crying his eyes out. I don't know everything but I know you both fucked up."

"I know," my voice broke. "I know."

Luke's voice went soft, "Listen, Bryce, you just need to come over here and tell him eve-"

"No! No no! I can't! I can't..!" I dropped my phone and cried more.

The dim room seemed to shrink. The walls slowly inched forward, the ceiling shrunk down. My breathing quickened. I grabbed my hair again and slammed it against the door, but everything kept moving closer. My breathing was now rapid. I screamed and screamed, trying to make it stop. But it didn't.

My body collapsed against itself as I shouted pleas and cried. I was now stuck in a tiny box with no escape. Faint shouts came from my phone but I couldn't reach it. If I moved, the walls would move closer. The shouts got louder and more urgent. My mind was telling me to stay put, but I couldn't handle it. I grabbed my phone.

The walls moved an inch closer. I knew I was going to run out of air soon, so I decided to use my last breath talking to someone I knew and trusted.

"Bryce god dammit! Answer!"

"I-I'm so-orry," I replied.

Luke sighed, "What's going on?"

"N-no. Don't tell s-she said. Not u-unless I w-wan-nt to," my voice broke, "to...to.."

"Oh shit. Oh shit," Luke was worried and I didn't know why.

"No. I w-won't tell! I p-promise! Not again. Not again. Not again. Not again. Not again. Not again. N-"

"Snap out of it Bryce! She's gone! It's okay! You're okay!"

"Still here. Never leave. Still here. Always-"

Luke kept cutting me off, "No she's not Bryce. She's not here. You're still here Bryce. Not her."

A laugh erupted out of my lips. Maybe this is how he died. Maybe this is how it ends for me. All because I decided to be worthless and not tell Ryan. He only wanted the best for me. I let him down. I've let everyone down.

"Let down. Disappointment. Worthless. Dumb. Idiot."

"Bryce stop! None of those things are true. You're amazing, smart, important, and a great person. You have to try and-" I dropped my phone. I had heard enough nonsense.

The walls parted slightly so I could get up. I managed to stand up even if it was a bit of a struggle. My eyes squinted when a bright and happy light appeared at the end of the hall. I smiled, feeling peaceful. Without hesitation I moved toward the light. I almost made it when the door behind me swung open.

"Bryce!"

I turned around and my eyes widened. Ryan had come to stop me.

"W-hat?"

He started crying, "Please don't. Stop thinking about doing that. I'm so sorry I tried to pry into your whole life like that. I'm sorry," Ryan made his way towards me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm-" I was cut off by Ryan hugging me tightly. 

I hugged him back and cried. I cried because I had hurt so many people. I cried because life was difficult. I cried because things are unpredictable. I cried because overall, I was sad.

Ryan pulled away from me slightly and wiped the tears off my face, "C'mon. Let's go home."

I gave a genuine smile, "Yeah, let's go home."

Ryan grabbed my hand and we walked away from the light I was once making my way towards. We moved to a brighter, happier, and softer light. Hand and hand. Together.

My eyes opened and I yawned, sleepily. I felt warm arms wrapped around my body. A grin made its way onto my face. I rolled over and saw my husband, Ryan, staring back at me.

"Morning beautiful," he whispered.

I kissed his cheek, "Good morning handsome," I replied back with a giggle.

He ran a hand through my hair, "You're too adorable."

I laughed again as a response.

Silence filled the air as Ryan and I stared at each other, lovingly. Most of our mornings were like this. Just enjoying the warmth and presence of one another. It had been years since I had almost committed suicide. Ryan and I were inseparable ever since. I often have nightmares about that day, but they don't scare me, they only make me stronger. 

Besides, I had found my light in the dark so I didn't need anything else.