Crystal eyes - Part one

I saw a boy today that took my breath away.

Now, I'm not usually the one to swoon over a random boy, but this boy - Oh gosh, I couldn't help but bite my lip and sigh.

He was beautiful.

He has messy orange hair that he had to swipe out of his eyes every now and then, it was messy enough to be adorable - like he had just had sex.

He had ice blue eyes, so light and piercing that it looked like he had crystals for eyes. He had a dark blue rings around each of his irises, making his eyes hypnotizing, to the point where all I could do was watch them flit around the restaurant.

He had pale, fair skin that I wanted to run my hands over. 

He had slender fingers and pale hands that I wanted to grab and entwine my fingers in.

He had a perfect, C major mouth with red lips. He didn't look like he had lipstick or anything on them - no, they were naturally like that. I wanted to run my thumb over his bottom lip and bite them so they would be redder than they already were.

He smiled and it make my heart flutter. He laughed and my heart melted. He talked and his voice caused my to involuntarily sigh.

I tried to listen to what my grandmother was saying, but all I could do was watch as he gestured to his friends. I listened to him as he talked about his girlfr- Wait.

He had a girlfriend. 

My heart dropped and I folded my hands sadly in my lap. 

I don't know what I was expecting. He was too perfect to go unnoticed, and I wasn't going to ever be able to get that far into a conversation with him, I doubt we'd even have a conversation at all. I turned my attention back to my grandmother. 

Only a mere few seconds later I felt two piercing blue eyes stare at me. I felt a flutter in my heart and I knew that when I felt them flit away that all the owner was doing was swiping away a strand of messy orange hair.

I turned my eyes away from my grandmother and gasped quietly.

The boy was staring at me.

My heart seized up and my hands shook. He smirked and his perfect, red C major lips made me bite my own, B minor bottom lip. 

He was twirling a red lollipop in his fingers and slowly unwrapped it.

He knew he had caught my attention.

He sucked on it obscenely, turning back to his friends, they laughed at the noises he was making, and he laughed too. But then he looked at me with an orange-blue-green look, kind of a hungry look.

He only glanced at me for a second, but it felt like our eyes connected and held each other's gaze for ages.

I heard my grandmother ask me if she was right and I tore my gaze away from his crystal eyes to look into her dull, grey-ish brown ones.

"Uh huh, who would think otherwise?" I scoffed, playing along with her.

She agreed enthusiastically and continued to ramble on.

I felt him stare as I talked and turned back just when he looked away.

He was toying with me.

But why?

Why did he have an interest in me? Is it because I'm pitiful? Can he tell I'm weak? Was he dared, like last time? 

Stop, I can't think about this.

I look down and lace my fingers together, wondering if I would feel a spark if we ever touched, like in the books.

That won't happen - Don't get your hopes up. I sighed and looked back at my grandmother, resting my head on my hand. 

All throughout our conversation, I resisted the urge to meet his pestering, perfect crystal gaze that makes my heart seize up.

This time I was toying with him.

I felt his eyes again and finally couldn't resist anymore.

I looked towards him and watched as his expression melted into a soft smile. His earlier expression looked almost as if he was worried.

I wonder if he was fretting over if he had done something wrong.

I accidentally let out a small smile.

I realized it though and folded my lips over one another to try and suppress my lopsided smile.

I looked at my grandmother to make sure she wasn't getting suspicious and let myself steal only brief glances in his direction.

Gosh, this really was torture.

I wonder what it would be like to feel him touch me on his own like he wasn't being forced to? I wonder what it would be like to wake up an see him next to me, all bleary eyed and adorable? What would it be like to tangle my fingers in his hair? Or feel his skin on mine?

Woah - okay stop. That's a little much to ask yourself about a boy you only started looking at twenty minutes ago. Has it only been twenty minutes? 

I look back at my grandma, still talking about her annoying neighbors and I can't help but think that she's getting quite annoying herself.

'Shut up,' I want to yell, 'let me watch him without having to agree with you every fifteen seconds!'

I suddenly realized I don't know his name.

He looks like a Micheal, maybe a Toby. What if his name was Noah? Or something that doesn't fit as smoothly, like Jerald or Eric?

I doubt that would turn me away, though.

I find myself staring at him again. He's beautiful, truly. 

My grandmother once again asks my approval, "Yeah, yeah of course! Anything else would be absurd." 

We sit in silence after she vigorously nods, and I watch as she eats. I had time to eat since all I mostly did was listen.

I think of a distraction and tell her I'm going to use the restroom. I stand and out of the corner of my eye I see his figure stand too.

I wasn't expecting this.