Puppy eyes - Part One

A boy I thought was awfully cute watched me earlier. I don't love him, but he is very nice, and I wish he would pay more attention to me. The problem though is that I'm a bottom feeder and he's a very popular boy. Plus, his girlfriend is ridiculously clingy.

But anyways, I sat in class, drafting my conclusion to my paper, and felt a burning feeling. I felt the hair on my arms stand to attention.

After it went away, I turned and saw the class, but no one who might give a hint as to who was staring at me.

I turned back around and frowned, trying to concentrate. I couldn't get back into it, though. Questions tumbled through my mind; Who was looking at me? Why? Do I have bad hair? Or was it something good? Have I finally made my face look okay? Am I just wearing a nice outfit? Do I have a note on my back? That wouldn't be the first time.  

I bit my lip, suddenly feeling it again. I took a deep breath, deciding to turn around to finally spot whoever it was.

I turned my head and my eyes immediately found another pair of dark chocolate, sweet eyes that were very big and wide. They sparkled, and even though this sounds cheesy, they looked like pools of chocolate.

I took in a deep breath and turned back around, biting back a smile.
It was that one boy, Kaden.

He was awfully nice. I wish I meant more to him than just being another person in the hallway.
I let myself smiled finally, and rubbed my eyes.

Gosh, why would I betray myself like this? I will never mean something to him.
I felt his eyes and again bit my lip. I tasted blood and winced.

I turned back around. I caught his gaze again. Why was he doing this to me? Does he know something I don't? Is he just toying with me?

I sighed and faced my page again.
I need to think.

I finally got back into it and continued my conclusion. I started to edit the finished draft and fought the urge to look at him when I felt that burning gaze.

Now, let me tell you about our teacher for this class.

His name is Mr. Crawford. He's very funny and likes to play-fight with kids, he also likes to make fun of them and/or "roast" them.

He's very cool about seat-hopping as long as you still work. This gave Kaden an excuse to do something that made me quite sad for most of the day.

I heard a chair scratch against the floor and turned to look. Most people were too, and it turned out to be Kaden (two rows back) grabbing his binder and supplies to jump up a row. He sat a seat to left and behind me. Now I could barely resist looking back.

He smiled at me when he saw me watching, and I immediately whipped back around to let out a breath.

I felt a tap a few moment later and knew exactly who it was.

I turned, "What?" 

He smiled, "I'm not your friend anymore."

I frowned, "W-what?" 

He kept smiling, "You cut yourself, I will expose you. I will show the whole school. I will ruin your chances of getting HIM back."

My stomach dropped, "I.. What?" I repeated.

He held out his hand, "Give me your planner."

I turned and grabbed it off the edge of my desk. I handed it to him.

He points at the words he wrote a few weeks ago, 'Kaden was here' with a smiley face.

"I will expose your scars. You can't hide from me." He handed me back my planner.

My heart was cold, and I suddenly forgot how to breathe.

I slowly turned around.

How was he going to ruin my chances with HIM? Why would he ruin my chances with Him? He knows, how does he know?  How does he know I cut?

What did I do?