Ankle Bracelet*

*OKAY, so this isn't a warning, just a note: this is a short story/idea/thingy that just popped into my mind. The problem is – it's too long to be one normal chapter, and too short to be two. Sooo, this is going to be a weird, poem/story-thingy that's a little longer than normal. Okie, bye now, enjoy~

She roamed, silent and adrift,
It seemed as though her bare feet floated above the ground.
She roamed; the empty, silent island surrendering itself to the goddess who walked upon it.
She roamed, only touching the palms softly.
But the island moved them away from her to lead her towards the waters edge.
And with her,
My heart followed;
It's ghostly shadows wandered right behind her –
It's sorrowful moan silent to her ears.
I ran out of the palms, crashing through the foilage;
The island did not heed my wishes, not even a harsh shove would easily move the brush.
I knew my time was slipping;
Oh God, time was skidding!
Over the ice, spiraling towards the black crevice that I knew would swallow it whole.
Time was skipping over the surface; floating like the bronze girl towards the ocean's waters.
She had lost one of her tinkling ankle bracelets, clad with rusted bells with still-young noise.
She would not rest until she drowned herself looking for her precious gift from the island.
And this, I knew.
As she grew ever closer to the brightly colored water, I grew more desperate to reach out and grasp her hand.
She was my goddess,
But she seemed you eager to die.
The sand slowed my footsteps,
The island wouldn't recede,
Everything that could slow me down did,
And the woman left me behind along with the island.
Soon the waters swallowed her whole,
But by the time I reached her last breath,
She was gone.
And this, I knew.

ᴹᴼᴺᴼᶜᴴᴿᴼᴹᴱ ᴮᴼᵞ