11. I'm the Alpha's Mate?!

This is another chapter for all you Karson and Jamy shippers out there! Enjoy! :)

Also, sorry a lot of these chapters have the same setting! I just wanted to chop it up so each chapter wasn't too long and to add suspense.

...

K A R A ' S P O V :

I was falling for him. I just admitted it.

Instead of feeling sick to my stomach with fear of being caught, I felt happy. Excited, almost. I felt like I had been completed, and like I belonged. This last one shocked me. It has been a long time since I have felt like that, trust me.

All I could do was stare into Jason's green orbs, and I couldn't help but wonder if Rachel was right. Was Jason actually my mate? Or was I making this up, acting on hormonal feelings only to have my heart destroyed in the end?

Suddenly, just before our foreheads touched, my aunt's voice rang through the room. "Snack is ready! Jason and Kara, come join us!" We instantly pulled away, and I could feel a blush creeping up my neck. Ugh, why did he have to be so hot?!

"Because he is our mate, and our mate is hot." Rachel answered matter of factly. I mentally face palmed. She felt like saying Jason now was completely unnecessary because I had confirmed him to be our mate. My wolf took pride in knowing she was right, especially on this topic.

"Um.. we better head in I guess." Ah, Jason looked so adorable when he was nervous. Wait, nervous? What happened to the big tough Alpha male act? I shot him a quizzical stare before agreeing with him, standing up to head into the kitchen. When I entered, I saw Caleb and Ryder standing around the island, with my aunt squeezing the lemons she had picked today to make lemonade. As soon as I stepped foot into the room, they both burst into a fit of laughter at something she had just said. Of course, she just kept her signature smile stretched across her face.

"Ah, here is the rest of the group. Now why doesn't everybody have some snacks and then we'll get started, okay?" Jason stood over by his second and third command, while I made my way over to Martha.

Passing around the cookies, Martha began interrogating Jason. "So Jason, will your pa-, I mean love life, include a new girlfriend?" Her words held a hidden meaning that everyone in the room got. It was just a precaution to make me look more human.

Before Jason could get a word out, I spoke. "Oh of course he does. Why wouldn't he?" Everyone in the room looked surprised at my outburst, and after glancing around my eyes met Jason's amused ones.

"Well, it looks like someone is a little more invested in my love life than I had originally thought. Anyway, it honestly doesn't matter right now."

Martha was about to say something back, but got cut off by the door bell. "Oh Kara, would you mind getting that for me?"

I nodded, still slightly embarrassed about the comment I had just made. I'm not really sure what made me do it, whether it was the wave of jealously that hit me or the sudden burst of confidence, but whatever it was soon left me right after it had arrived. I felt self conscious and embarrassed of my actions, something I wasn't used to. I was more comfortable being confident and self righteous. Definitely not this...

I made my way to the door as I contemplated this. Opening the door, I got a face full of blonde curls as Chloe pushed her way in. "Kara, I need to talk to you about something." Her bottom lip trembled and her eyes were red and puffy from crying. Instead of her perfectly styled hair, she looked disheveled, and even though I had only known her for 2 full days, this definitely meant something was wrong.

Not knowing what else to do, I pulled her into my arms, rocking her back and forth and telling her it was going to be okay. It felt like I was taking care of a child all over again. Her mate was responsible for doing this, and I feared Caleb was her mate. Not that that was necessarily a bad thing. I just didn't want Caleb to be around me more often than he already is, or for Char to accidentally say something that made them more suspicious than they already were.

Hearing Martha continue her chat with the boys downstairs, I smuggled Char up to my room. "What's wrong?" I asked gently, not trying to pry. She put her head in her hands and shook her head.

"You wouldn't understand." Was all she mumbled, more tears rushing down her face. I rubbed her back, saying soothing things.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. It's all going to be okay. And actually, sometimes you may think others don't understand when they really do."

She nodded, seemingly coming to an understanding. "Umm... S-so you know the organization set up in the mornings at school? My dad founded it, after wanting to hunt the wolves that lurk around the town. I have never supported his views. Just because my family had a close call with one didn't make it right to hunt everyone of them down. As you can see, some of the others support it though.

"Anyway, I know you saw me staring at that one kid at lunch. And no, I wasn't being a weirdo. It's just, I felt some weird pull. I know, not what you expect to hear. Anyway, my dad found out, and vowed to shoot down any wolf he says go near the house.

"I can't let him though, I just can't." Her voice comes out strangled, and I feel a pang of sadness hearing the usually cheery Charlotte sound this way.

"Why does killing a wolf have any impact on the situation?" I of course, already knew this, but I was curious if she did.

Her bloodshot eyes looked up to meet mine, and she gulped. "Um... Kara, I don't know if you have noticed but some of the people at the school aren't like us. Some of them, they're different. They are a part of what is called a pack, so they basically live in one big house. It's kinda of hard to explain... I shouldn't be telling you this... never mind...."

I nodded, looking at her. "I saw a big black wolf when I first entered town. I-I don't think wolves are supposed to get that big."

She sighed, running a hand through her unruly hair. "Things like that happen more than you'd think. That was my dad's main inspiration for starting the program. The Alph- I mean Jason's father, didn't like it, but he would put his pack in harms way if they tried to fight."

Footsteps sounded up the stairs, making Charlotte turn her head up. "Wha- who's at your house right now Kara?" Her voice shook with uncertainty, the fear evident in her eyes.

"Why-"

"Kara, answer me!"

Surprised at her sudden change in tone, I immediately replied. "After I got home, Jason, Caleb and Ryder came over. Why, is there something wrong?"

Her breathing increased. "Umm... So he's here?!"

"Who?" Was she talking about Caleb? Did she know what mates were? Would her being with Caleb give me a harder time trying to hide who I really was?

She must've noticed my sudden change in mood. "I-is everything okay Kara?"

"I'm doomed..." was all I said before I ran out of my room.

...

I hope everyone liked this chapter! Spring Break, finally!

Anyway, next chapter should be up soon with Jason's POV! It might be a slight bit longer, but I will try to finish it quick so you guys don't have that much of a cliffhanger!

-hexodus ;)