39. ETHAN

So for this chapter and the next two, these are going to consist of 2,000 words and be from one person's point of view. Thank you guys for all the support!

Also, Ethan is Jason's wolf.

Enjoy!

...

E T H A N ' S    P O V :

I was numb. I wanted nothing to do with the outside world. I know that I really should be comforting Jason, since he lost his mate too, but I couldn't find it in me. It felt like someone was continuously stabbing our heart repeatedly. 

At first, I wouldn't believe what anyone said. Kara wasn't dead. There was no concrete evidence to convince me of that. But the second I saw the body the warriors brought back, I knew I was done for. 

There laid Kara, her eyes wide open and lifeless, with a rusty dagger wedged deep in her side. A scream appeared to have died on her lips. The shock sprinkling her features is what hurt me most. She had been in obvious pain, and was not expecting to end this way. The doctors, after further examination, said that Alpha Zander was responsible. 

I was going to kill him!

The part that scared me most was how bent on revenge Jason has been. Normally, it's the wolf that goes crazy with blood thirst after the death of their mate. But in this case, the human wants to kill everything in sight. I've had to reign him in from attacking innocent pack members that had said she wasn't fit as their Luna.

What makes me the most depressed, though, is the fact that I never got the chance to officially meet Kara's wolf. When two werewolves are mates, the wolves have each other and the human's have each other. I never got to know her, to talk to her through our minds. While the humans talked, the wolves would mind-link. This would strengthen the bond.

I needed Kara. Jason needed Kara. We both needed our mate.

Jason growled through our link. "Jason I know you're mad-"

"WE COULD'VE DONE SOMETHING!" He yelled through the link, picking up a lamp and throwing it. "WE COULD'VE SAVED HER! BUT NO, WE LET HER RUN OFF! AND LOOK AT WHERE THAT BROUGHT US!"

"Jason calm down!" I shouted, getting angry. It was completely true, though, every word of it. I could feel a sting of pain through the bond with Jason and I. Due to the kind of day we had had, I knew that kind of pain all too well. It was heart break. We both realized when they found the body, that we loved Kara too much to let her go. Even in the short period of time we had known her, she had grown on us tremendously. 

While I had sulked in the back of Jason's mind, he had made arrangements for our mate's funeral. Just saying it made me whimper in pain and cringe. I hated to know that our mate was already gone from our lives even after only knowing her for a small amount of time.We never got married or started a family. Nope, just after meeting her we are already planning her funeral.

Then we have to go through with the ceremony in which we are named Alpha of the Silver Crescent Pack. It feels all wrong though, because Kara, the true Luna of the pack, won't be there. 

Maybe we would get a second chance mate. Jason mentally hit me at the idea. No, we wouldn't get one. We had wronged our mate, we didn't deserve another. Even if we got one, we wouldn't accept her. We couldn't let go of Kara, our first true mate, who we loved dearly. The one that should be standing by our side as we go through the crowning ceremony, not the one in the casket at the funeral. 

The funeral. It was going to be beautifully orchestrated. Only the best for our mate. Although everyone would be dressed in black, Kara's casket would be a sparkling white with white roses tossed upon the top.