42. Last Goodbyes

Okay everyone, so that was the end of those long one shots, now the story will go back to normal!

Also, the book ends on chapter 45!

Enjoy!!!

...

A M Y ' S    P O V :

I think what made me most scared about attending my own funeral was that Rachel's dream would repeat itself. Yeah, maybe we wouldn't be crushed while being buried alive, but what if Jason rejected us? What if he couldn't forgive us for the pain we put him through, both him and his wolf?

According to my mom, Aunt Martha was already aware of my decoy. She seemed very impressed at my growing skills, but warned me of the witches. Apparently, if I was discovered by the witches, they would take me to train. They were very unpredictable, though, so I wasn't sure for how long I would be there. 

In that time, if I went with them, would Jason move on? Would he find someone to take the Luna position -

My thoughts were interrupted by Anthony. "You seem deep in thought, Amy. What are you thinking about?"

I sighed, looking up to meet his hard gaze. "How is Jason going to react? What is going to happen to us?"

"I'm afraid I can't say. Stick with it, kiddo. I'm sure you'll figure something out."

By now, we had officially reached the front gates of the service. I must say, whoever set it up did a wonderful job. 

All the decor was done in pure white, everything looking like a vision from heaven. Before I could soak in more of my surroundings, we were approached by none other than... Evelyn.

I smirked at the thought of Evelyn having to set up my funeral. An unreadable expression danced across her face as she mentioned something about leading us to our seat. Looking around, I noticed the casket. It was a snow white encasement, topped with white roses. It looked perfect. Too bad the body was fake. 

Glancing among the wolves attending the service, I saw one hunched over in the front row. Jason. 

I didn't think it would hurt this much to see him like this, sobbing silently as people walked in, hesitant to approach the devastated Alpha. I knew that revealing myself to him now could contain consequences, but at that moment, all I wanted was to run to him and assure him I was fine. The only thing holding me back was the fear of rejection.

Glancing out of the corner of my eye, I saw Evelyn giving me a glare at my sudden gaze on my mate. What, did she think I was going to steal Jason from her? If that was the case, she had no idea what was coming for her.

Martha came up to greet us, a smile evident on her face. Just the sight of someone happy made a smile sprinkle my face, despite the current situation. 

"Amy, sweetie, how have you been?"

"Just fine Martha. I've missed you!" I hugged her before she said her hellos to my mother and Anthony. 

We sat down a few rows behind Jason, and I couldn't help but watch him. No matter how much it hurt, I still wanted to watch him, as if it would give him a sense of comfort. 

Once almost everyone was seated, Evelyn returned to her seat, which happened to be right behind Jason. I held in my anger, knowing that had it not been my funeral I probably would've been placed up there too.

That was until I saw her hug him. Was she trying to make a move on him, or just make me mad? A feral growl escaped my lips as I fought for control with Rachel. She wanted to kill Evelyn for even thinking of pulling a move like that. She turned around and shot me a similar glare, only for me to give her a look that showed I wanted her dead.