25. Winning Over the Girl

J A S O N 'S    P O V :

"Mr. Montgomery, can you come over here please?" I stood up, giving the teacher a questioning look. In response, he immediately cowered back in his chair, his eyes trained on the floor. I looked around catching that human girl's eye again. 

I approached the teacher as he kept his eyes on the floor, as if the chipped linoleum tile was the most interesting thing. 

His voice dropped to a whisper so low that only I could hear, and that was if I strained my ears. "Alpha, with all due respect, your recent, disappearances, have raised some questions from the humans."

"I don't care, tell them it is some community service I am doing or something. This isn't going to stop me from leaving class." He nodded his head quickly, fear evident in his eyes. 

"Yes Alpha, sorry Alpha."

"Now if you don't mind my friends and I are going to take care of some pack issues. I am trusting that you will be able to take care of the humans if any nonsense were to arise."

"Oh o-of course."

I smirked, knowing that I had power to make my pack members bow down at my feet. I soon followed Caleb and Ryder's scents into the hall where they were waiting for me. The past few days, Caleb has been feeling the mate pull grow, and he can't help but want to be near his mate.

"At least he knows who his mate is," Ethan said sourly. He was really bent out of shape that our true mate, whoever it was, hadn't been drawn to us. To take our mind off of that, though, I had decided to help Caleb win over Charlotte.

"Okay, she should be leaving her classroom to get some water...." Caleb mumbled, using his intense hearing and her intoxicating scent to locate his mate. 

"Just approach her and start talking to her like normal, okay? I know she already thinks of highly of you, so don't worry about her being creeped out," Ryder encouraged, while I nodded my head.

"Go be yourself." Caleb gave us both the most enthusiastic smile before turning and heading over to the water fountain. He approached Charlotte, who was currently standing by the water fountain. 

While Ryder and I stood inconspicuously by the lockers, our werewolf hearing allowed us to listen in on the conversation.

"Hey Charlotte, funny to see you here."

"Oh, Caleb, I didn't see you there!"

"Yeah. So I wanted to talk...."

"Sorry, I got to run-"

Before she could finish her sentence, she was cut off by a low growl and Caleb dragging her into an empty classroom. Shock was registered on her face. Ryder and I quickly followed into the classroom to keep them from doing anything stupid.

"MINE!" Caleb hugged her to him and inhaled her scent until he could somewhat calm his wolf down.

"Caleb get off of me!" I put a hand on Caleb's shoulder and received a growl in return.

"Dude, you're scaring her! I get it - she is all yours! But maybe you should check her well being first."

All of us looked warily at Charlotte who was the only human in the room. "Why are you looking at me that way? Oh right, I'm the only human in the room. Sorry, kind of forgot that."

"W-what, d-do you know what we are?" Caleb asked incredulously. 

A sly smile made its way onto Charlotte's face. "Of course. You didn't think I was stupid, did you?"

"No, but ... how?"

The smile fell off in an instant, and a somber look took its place.  "I knew it was going to happen at some point. I can't keep the truth from coming out..."

"Charlotte?" Caleb's voice came out quiet and full of concern. Heck, all of us were concerned. What could she be talking about?

"Caleb, I know that you are my mate. There is a reason I've been avoiding you, I guess I was probably going to tell you sooner or later..."

"You knew all along?!" Anger and hurt flashed through Caleb's eyes before he took a few deep breaths to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry, really I am, but I couldn't let you get hurt, Caleb. My dad's a hunter. He started the anti wolf club because he wants an excuse to kill werewolves. My aunt and cousins got caught up in a rogue attack and didn't make it out. He hates them. He also can sense who is and who isn't a wolf, so he would've figured it out-" She was cut off by Caleb pulling her into a bone crushing hug. He had his arms tight around her body and whispered things in her ear to calm her teary eyed state.

He looked up and we all three shared shocked looks. Who would've guessed her dad was looking to get us all? Of course, we were expecting some random answer, like "it's not you, it's me," but this was totally different.

Caleb wore a sympathetic look, and stared down at her as she pulled back slightly from the hug. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"I-I couldn't live with myself if I knew you got hurt. I care about you so much, it hurts."

A small warm smile graced Caleb's face. This was what he and his wolf had been dying to hear. Their mate was finally accepting them, and they couldn't be happier. 

"What did Kara do to you?" Ryder suddenly broke the peaceful silence, and Caleb's face contorted to one of anger as he remembered her and Charlotte's fight earlier.

Ethan, instead of sharing a similar reaction with everyone else, fell into a happy state as he remembered how hot she had looked when she was angered. I mentally scolded him. We couldn't be fantasizing about humans like that. Not now, not ever!

"Oh, that, well you see," Charlotte shifted uncomfortably from where she stood, not being able to make eye contact with any of us.

"She joined my dad's club. I guess it just felt like she was joining him behind my back since she never told me about it. He's always kind of singled me out, so I guess I felt like I was betrayed by the action. I overreacted, but it just really got to me."

"So she's human then," I stated, hoping to confirm.

Instead, I got an answer that only confused me more. "Not necessarily."

...

Hey guys!

No update on Wanted by the Wolves tomorrow, but next update will be very soon!

Please check out my other book if you haven't already :

RESCUE BY THE ROGUES

Thanks for all the support everyone!

Only 20 chapters left!

Hope you are enjoying the story thus far!

Don't forget to 

READ. VOTE. COMMENT!

-HEXODUS ;}