29. Lonely?

J A S O N ' S    P O V :

\FLASHBACK:\

Sparks exploded upon contact. I was shocked to say the least, but I immediately continued kissing Kara until we both pulled away to breath. We looked deep into each others eyes. Was I falling for the human? Or in the heat of the moment and fact that we didn't have a mate, I decided to take a chance?

Whichever it was, I was in a daze for the rest of the night. Kara was too, and ended up going home with Kelly. 

|PRESENT TIME:|

I laid awake, repeating the nights events over in my mind. Kara... I had never felt that way with a girl before. Okay, maybe I felt more with that rogue. But who was my mate? Was it the rogue, who's intoxicating scent had drawn me in? Or was it the human girl, the one that when we kissed sparks had flown like never before?

I clutched my head in agony. This wasn't something that was going to solve itself overnight, that was for sure. I decided that the best thing I could do right now was to go to bed. 

I slowly drifted off to sleep.......

|DREAM:\

The vibrant glow of the stars seemed to declare nightfall as the winds whispered their good nights to the land. Leaves on the trees swayed to the rivers steady lullaby. The moon shone bright in the middle of it all, illuminating the darkness, transforming the night into a vibrant masterpiece. 

I looked around, taking in the surroundings. Something stood out, though. It was the rogue, her red flaming hair in the usual bob as she looked over her shoulder at me. Laughter erupted from her, before she took off into the nearby forest with me hot on her heels.

We weaved through the trees, her intoxicating scent drawing me in. Soon, she arrived at a small lake with a waterfall pouring at the top, much like the place we first met. She appeared to be cornered as she spun around, backing up slowly with her hands out in front of her. I growled playfully as she giggled some more. Just before I could get close enough, she jumped into the water with a loud splash. 

I would have jumped in after the rogue, had I not seen something that caught my eye. Her hair went from a stringy red bob to luscious locks of brown hair before she hit the water. What was happening? I took a hesitant step forward, and she broke the surface, her red hair back. She looked breathless - and breathtaking beautiful, Ethan added - as she swam towards the edge.

I'm guessing she must've noticed the transformation, because she looked at her hair curiously. "Jason." Her smile lit up the surroundings, and I stumbled towards her caught in a wave of awe. She climbed out before standing in front of me.

"Who are you?"

She looked down at her feet for a moment, which I realized were in the same sandals, along with the pink shirt and lime green shorts on. Strangely, she wasn't drenched either. In fact, it looked like she hadn't been anywhere near the water all day.

"My name's Amy," she said, her eyes meeting mine. For some reason, I couldn't put my finger on the exactly why, but the name seemed to fit the girl with brown hair better.

"Why did you change like that?"

She played dumb. "Like what?"

"I know you saw it. Your red hair turned brown and grew much longer. What was that?"

"I-I'm not really sure..... but I can show you that version of me if you want." Without waiting for a reply, her hair grew and turned brown, her eyes suddenly glowing an emerald green.

"Mate." I couldn't help but growl out as the intoxicating scent increased, if that was possible.

"Why do I feel like so many people are my mate?" I asked, sounding broken despite my efforts. I wasn't going to break down in my mate, or who I think is my mate. I'd never seen her before, but something told me she was somehow familiar.

Amy sighed before tucking a strand of her hair behind her hair. "I really hate lying to you, Jason. I just need to let you know, that hopefully your true mate will come. And when she arrives, she will enter with her arms open wide. No matter if she looks like the rogue, or me right now, or something completely different. You will know it when you see her." Just the way she said this made it seem like she wanted this to be desperately true. Amy wasn't the only one, however.

I wanted this to be true, more than anything. I just wanted to have the alpha title and sit by my Luna, my dear Luna. Someday, whether it was now or sometime in the future, I wanted it to happen.

I reached forward to touch the mystifying girl in front of me, knowing the one touch would reveal if she was my mate or not. Instead, the entire world around me disappeared, with her whispering sorry before I was whisked back to reality....

\END OF DREAM:\

I sat up in a cold sweat, the events of the dream flooding my brain. All I knew was that I needed to tell someone about this, someone who wouldn't judge.

I pulled out my phone from the nightstand beside me, and texted the first person I thought of:

\ KARA, I JUST HAD THE WEIRDEST DREAM... \

...

Hey guys!

Probably not what you expected to be in the next chapter, right?

So let me know what you think so far!

Don't forget to

READ. VOTE. COMMENT!

-HEXODUS ;D