15. My 5-Star Dungeon Stay

K A R A ' S P O V :

I knew that running would get me nowhere. I just knew it.

So here I am, locked in a cell. I know I have probably driven my aunt crazy with worry, but it wasn't like I could lead the pack back to her house. She may have been able to brush off the accusations of helping the wanted wolf last time, but a second time round wasn't looking good.

I had been running when I noticed it was getting dark, so I decided to find shelter. I had been more focused on a suitable temporary home rather than any wolves. So, here I am, in a cell. A dark, lonely cell. Not how I expected today to go.

They had thrown me in here without so much as a word except "filthy rogue" and left. I'm guessing a few hours had passed, because there aren't any windows. It honestly looks like what you would expect from the dungeons in a medieval castle.

I haven't shifted yet, because I am afraid who I will appear as. Will I look like Amy, my original appearance with brown hair and green eyes, Kara, with blonde hair and purple highlights, or Sabrina, the "rogue" with red hair and hazel eyes? Footsteps can be heard down the steps to the dungeon.

My wolf tensed, waiting to hear Jason's dreamy voice (her words, not mine!). But instead, we get an earful of screeching from the last person I want to see.

Evelyn. "Guards, let me through. As future Luna, I demand to see the newly captured prisoner."

"But miss-"

"Do you want to answer to Alpha Carl & Jason? Because I am sure I can set up a meeting with them that won't be particularly nice..."

"Okay, okay. Let her through."

Although I can only hear her voice, I know she has a large smirk spread across her face. "Please clear all the guards from the cells. I just need keys to the closet of wolfs-bane and you can be on your way. I'll take it from here."

Rachel now only saw red. Wolfs-bane and silver are some of the only things that can injure werewolves, and I wasn't about to let her hurt me after all I had been through today. Rachel snapped her jaw, letting out a feral growl. Off in the distance, I heard Evelyn evilly squeal, "Well, shouldn't this be fun?" What a sadist.

Before I knew it, all the guards had cleared out, and it was just me and Evelyn. She slowly sauntered down the hall towards my cell, taking her sweet time. "Why, what do we have here? A little rogue that decided to hide out in the woods? You know, my mate Jason will have your head for-" At this statement, Rachel lunged at the bars only to fall back with a whimper. Silver coated them. Of course.

"Oh, you think Jason's yours? Well, that isn't true. And this collar is going to be your punishment now for interrupting me." She was now in front of my cage, and walked towards me. Rachel growled and stuck her paws between the bars in an effort to hurt her in some way. She side stepped our attempt, and laughed out loud. "You must really hate me, huh?" Realization crossed her face. "You don't even know me.... who are you? Shift! I demand it!"

Rachel sat back on her haunches and sent Evelyn a challenging look. Not only did Evelyn have no power, but I was an alpha's daughter, so any power she possessed had absolutely no effect on me. Evelyn stomped towards us in her high heels, screeching for me to obey. Rachel and I watched amused. This was quite the show.

The tables quickly turned, however, when Evelyn screamed, "GUARDS! I NEED YOU! THIS FERAL ANIMAL IS TRYING TO KILL ME! HELP!!!" She sent me an all too innocent look as the guards rushed down hurriedly.

"Chain that mutt up and put it in a muzzle like it belongs," one shouted while two guards approached me. I lifted my lip aggressively to reveal my large canines, but both kept advancing. We circled each other, before I snapped at one of the guard's back legs. He quickly moved out of the way, and attached the weapon of a collar to my neck.